• Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Employment Doing Business Our Community How Do i...
  • Apply For
  • Search For
  • Access
  • Pay
  • Register For
  • View
  • OpenBooks

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Search items by entering keyword(s) in the search field. The table will filter the results as you type. Click the header of a column to alphabetically sort the items. Click again to reverse the order of the sort.

    # Questions Answers

    How do I file a small claims case?

    For more information on small claims, please visit our Small Claims Cases page.


    What form of payment do you accept?

    Cash (exact amount only), credit card, money order, cashier's check and personal checks with a valid ID (in person only)  For more information, please visit the Justice Court 7 fees page.


    Does Justice Court 7 do weddings outside of the court room? What about weekends?



    Do you close for lunch?



    Are the forms online?

    Most of the Justice Court 7 forms are available online. Call our office if you have any questions.


    Is there a handicapped entrance?



    How much does it cost to file?

    For more information on filing costs, please visit the Justice Court 7 fees page.


    Where do I file evictions?

    For more information, please visit the Eviction Cases page.


    Where do I go to file a restraining order?

    Justice Courts do not have jurisdiction. Please call 817-884-1400.


    Is my property in Precinct 7?

    To determine in which precinct a property is located, please visit the Tarrant County Comprehensive Address Information Directory.


    How do I find out if I have a ticket in Tarrant County?

    Justice Court 7 only handles tickets issued by the DPS, Constable or Sheriff.


    Can I receive legal advice from the Justice Court?

    No. For legal assistance, please contact your personal attorney, contact West Texas Legal Aid at 817-336-3943, or the Legal Aid of Northwest Texas at 1-800-394-9734. The Texas Government Code Section 81.102 provides that it is illegal for our clerks to give legal opinion or advice.”


    Where do I park?

    For information on parking, please visit our Location, map and Parking page.


    County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111

    Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

    This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.

    County Seal

    100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196