A small claims case is a lawsuit brought for the recovery of money damages, civil penalties, personal property, or other relief allowed by law. The claim can be for no more than $20,000, excluding statutory interest and court costs but including attorney fees, if any. Small claims cases are governed by Rules 500-507 of Part V of the Rules of Civil Procedure.
To search the Justice Court Precinct for your case, please visit Tarrant County Comprehensive Address Information Directory.
For information on Justice Court Rules, please visit Texas Judicial Branch Rules and Forms website.
* Indicates three copies need to be submitted
2. Military Affidavit* (if applicable)
3. If your Defendant is Located outside of Tarrant County, view the Out of County Worksheet
1. File with Justice Court 6 and serve in Tarrant County
2. File with Justice Court 6 and serve outside Tarrant County
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.