Summary: The Birdville Historical Society collection includes images of the Bird's Fort Site taken in 1962. The photographs were given after members of the Armentrout family welcomed members of Birdville Historical Society, members of the Texas Old Missions and Forts Restoration Association and other guests to the site of Bird's Fort on May 21, 2005. According to oral tradition, the perimeter of the swimming pool was on the foundation of the old stockade. The property has been in the hands of the Armentrout Family since the early 1900's. The family used the grounds for weekend camping and fishing.
A second group of donated photographs consists of eleven color photographs, taken by a member of the Birdville Historical Society, at the Second Annual Historical Preservation Summit sponsored by the Tarrant County Historical Commission and the Birdville Historical Society, on Thursday, September 22, 2005, at the Wylie G. Thomas Coliseum, 6108 Broadway Ave. Haltom City, Texas.
1. Garden of Eden Historical District members:
(front) James Dodd, Denise Wise, Opal Woods, Brenda Sanders
Wise, Phillip Sanders; (back) Gwenda Redd, Bennie Dickens,
Antoix Sanders, Trina Sanders
2. Saginaw Historical Society: Debbie Abel, Edie Sunday
3. City of Hurst: Dodie Souder, Bill Souder
4. Lake Worth Historical Society: Myra Fowlkes, Lawana Mauldin
5. Grapevine Historical Society: Ed Havran
6. Sons of Confederate Veterans: Tom Jones
7. Westlake Historical Society: Kelly Bradley, Jack Wiesman (also Southlake)
8. North Richland Hills: Oscar Lochridge, Evelyn Lochridge, Doris Tipps, Don Tipps
9. Euless Historical Society: Weldon Cannon, Iva Nail, Robert Nail, Betty Fuller
10. Richland Hills: Onita Coker, Elouise Pennington, Betty Wilson, Jeff Ritter, Joyce Ritter, Buddy Ritter
11. Tarrant County Historical Commission: (front) Lela Standifer, Susie Pritchett, Betty Fuller, Susan Kline, J'Nell Pate, Cindy Wilson-Arrick, Marvin Wilson, Dorothy Rencurrel, Wallace Hutchison. (back) Dee Barker, Betty Porter, Beth Kisor, Byron Zirkle, Debbie Reynolds-Hazen.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.