Online Services Government
  • Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Residents Visitors Business Employment

    How do I........ ? (taxes and registrations)


    ...apply for homestead exemptions?

    Call the Tarrant Appraisal District at 817-284-0024.

    For more information, please visit the Tarrant County Appraisal District web site.


    ...find out what exemptions are there?

    A homestead exemption is available to any homeowner who qualifies. An exemption is also available for those who are age 65 or older. Others who qualify for an exemption are homeowners with disabilities, disabled veterans or the survivors of disabled veterans or veterans who were killed while on active duty.


    ...get a car license tag renewal or a car title?

    These items can be obtained at any Tax Assessor-Collector's Office location in Tarrant County. Call 817-884-1100 for the nearest location. Car tag renewals can also be obtained at participating supermarkets.


    ...get a driver's license or license renewal card?

    Applications for new driver's license and renewal of a driver's license are the responsibility of the Texas Department of Public Safety. For the location nearest you, call 817-294-1075.


    ...qualify for a tax exemption and when may I file?

    You must file for a tax exemption between January 1 through April 30, 2000. In order to qualify for a tax exemption you must have owned your home on January 1, 1999. If you are claiming a 65 and over exemption, the home must be your principal residence on January 1.


    ..find out how much the exemptions are?

    Several property tax exemptions are available, including homestead, disabled, and disabled veterans exemptions.  To read more about exemptions you may qualify for, visit the Texas State Comptroller’s website at    For more information on how to apply, please visit Tarrant Appraisal District’s website at or call them at 817-284-0024.