The Tarrant County Fire Marshal’s Office reminds you that if you conduct an outside burn, you must observe the following requirements:
• Burn only in the unincorporated areas of Tarrant County.
• Contact the Tarrant County Fire Alarm Center at 817-232-9800 on the day you plan to burn to register your address and to confirm it is an allowable burn day. The Fire Alarm Center is open 24/7.
• The party responsible for the burn must be present at all times and remains liable for damages.
• Begin burning no earlier than one hour after sunrise and end the same day no later than one hour before sunset – NO BURNING AT NIGHT.
• Make sure the smoke does not blow towards a neighbor’s house or onto a road.
• The burn must be downwind and at least 300 feet from structures on adjacent properties.
• Only burn brush, tree limbs, grass clippings or leaves. The material MUST be generated from the property. NO HAULING IN. NO BURNING OF CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL, HEAVY OILS OR CHEMICAL WASTES.
• No burning if wind speeds (either constant or gusts) are greater than 23 mph.
• To conduct prescribed burns, you must contact the Tarrant County Fire Marshal’s Office for approval.
To report someone illegally burning outdoors, call the Tarrant County Fire Alarm Center at 817-232-9800 or the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office at 817-884-1315.
The authority to conduct outdoor burning under this regulation does not exempt or excuse any person responsible from the consequences, damages or injuries resulting from the burning and does not exempt or excuse anyone from complying with all other applicable laws or ordinances, regulations and orders of governmental entities having jurisdiction -- even though the burning is otherwise conducted in compliance with this regulation.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.