Justice Court, Pct. 2 is now open for all matters, including weddings. We encourage our customers to continue to utilize E-File Texas and E-File Texas Self-help to file new cases or file into your existing case.
Click here to see how we are supporting our vulnerable population during this time.
COVID-19 Operating Plan for the Tarrant County Judiciary
During any crisis, including the COVID-19 pandemic, safety comes first. Recognizing the need to ensure the health and safety of staff and visitors to the Justice of the Peace, Pct 2, the below court procedure changes have been made:
If you answer YES to any of the following questions, please DO NOT come in person. Contact the court at 817-548-3925 or JP2desk@tarrantcounty.com.
- Are you experiencing any of the following COVID-19 symptoms: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Is a member of your household experiencing any of these symptoms?
- Have you, or any member of your household, been tested for COVID- 19?
- Have you been in close contact with an individual who tested positive for COVID-19?
- A Contact is defined as someone who had any contact with an infected person (probable or confirmed COVID-19 case) while they were infectious – starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic clients, 2 days prior to positive specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated
- Close Contact is defined as someone who was within 6 feet of someone with the virus or an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes (or more) over a 24-hour period, starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.
- Have you or a member of your household been directed to quarantine by a health care provider or government agency?
- Have you, or a member of your household, recently traveled internationally?
If you answer NO, you will be required to follow the social distancing and health guidelines below.
- Respect Social Distancing as it will be strictly enforced in our office.
- Face coverings are strongly suggested to be worn at all times.
- If a visitor does not have a face covering, one will be provided to them.
- Hand sanitizing – visitors will utilize the hand sanitizer provided to sanitize their hands before entering the court room as well as the court's office area.
- No more than 8 visitors will be allowed in the court office area at one time.
- Until further notice, all weddings will be limited to the wedding party and 4 guests (this includes children)
All Jury Trials have been postponed through February 1, 2021.
- The court understands that timely resolution of cases is important to all parties. Therefore, we want to make you aware of several options that will allow you to continue with your case without further delay.
- If you wish to withdraw your jury request, please submit your request in writing by mail or by email to JP2desk@tarrantcounty.com. Once the request is received by the court, your case will be set for trial by judge.