Online Services Government
  • Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Residents Visitors Business Employment

    FAQ - Disabled





    Social Security Disability form

    Search items by entering keyword(s) in the search field. The table will filter the results as you type. Click the header of a column to alphabetically sort the items. Click again to reverse the order of the sort.

    question Answer
    I am disabled and cannot work.  Can I get assistance? Yes, if you have no income and have verification from a Medical Doctor (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.), or Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine (D.C.) that you are unable to work.  If you have a short-term disability, you may be assisted until your physician releases you for employment.  If you have a long-term disability, you will be required to apply for Social Security benefits.  You may be assisted until you have received a decision from a Social Security Administrative Law Judge.


    County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111

    Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

    This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.

    County Seal

    100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196