• Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Employment Doing Business Our Community How Do i...
  • Apply For
  • Search For
  • Access
  • Pay
  • Register For
  • View
  • OpenBooks

    Required Documents

    Listed below are documents that you may be required to provide depending on your situation. Other documents not listed may also be required:


    · Identification - Picture ID or driver’s license of everyone in the household 18 years of age and older.

    · Social Security Card for everyone in the household 18 years of age and older.

    · Verification of immigration status - If applicable, must provide a Permanent Resident Card or Certificate of Naturalization.

    · Food Stamp Letter – verification you applied for Food Stamps-current award letter or denial. A food stamp card in not acceptable.

    · If you are employed – check stubs or a statement showing gross amount of income for the past 30 days on all adults in the home.

    · Verification of all income received, including award letters from TANF, Social Security, SSI, VA, Worker’s Compensation, child support, wages, unemployment, pension, student loans and/or legal settlement within the last six months.

    · Interruption of Income or Benefits – provide written proof to indicate when income or benefits stopped.  (TANF, Social Security, SSI, VA, Worker’s Compensation, child support, wages, unemployment, pension, student loans or legal settlement within the past six months.)

    · New Job – Employer’s written verification of hire date, date of first pay period and date you started your new job.

    · Unemployed – completed work search and written verification of job registration from:

                            Texas Workforce Solutions – Fort Worth
                            1400 Circle Drive
                            Fort Worth TX 76119  
                            Click here for the Texas Workforce Solutions website.

    · Disabled – Medical statement from M.D., D.O., or D.C. dated within the past 30 days that includes diagnosis, prognosis and length of disability.

    · Utility Bills – CURRENT and TERMINATED electric, gas and water bill (bring original or copy).

    · Rent – Current lease, landlord letter or mortgage coupon with three cancelled checks or receipts for payment of rent/mortgage.

    · Receipts – to verify unexpected expenses such medical, dental, automotive repairs, etc., receipt must be on company letterhead.

    · Letter from employer, lawyer, friend, relative or agency to show amount of outside assistance provided and if they can continue to assist.

    · Your caseworker may ask for additional documentation.


    Click here to scan & email us your documents.



    This page was last modified on July 26, 2016


    County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111

    Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

    This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.

    County Seal

    100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196