Applications being accepted Monday, November 16, 2020 at 8 a.m. through Monday, November 23, 2020 at 6 p.m.
The Tarrant County Chamber of Commerce Assistance Grant program is designed to provide financial assistance, through the use of CARES Act funds, to local Chambers of Commerce that have been adversely impacted by the current COVID-19 public health emergency while continuing to assist and provide services to their membership and local businesses in need. Due to their non-profit status, Chambers of Commerce have found it difficult to access other Federal and local grants or loans. This grant program is aimed at assisting Chambers of Commerce with the costs of business interruption caused by the pandemic. The dollar amount of individual grants will be determined by the financial information provided, with a maximum grant amount of $50,000.
• Chamber of Commerce must be located in and/or providing services to Chamber members within Tarrant County, outside the City of Fort Worth.
• Chamber of Commerce must be a non-profit 501(c)(6) or 501(c)(3) organization operating with members as of January 1, 2020.
• Chamber of Commerce operations must have been impacted because of the COVID-19 public health emergency and in need of reimbursement for business interruption and/or incurred costs.
• Grant funding eligibility and the grant reimbursement amount will be determined based on the financial and other information provided in the application, along with the required documentation.
• To establish grant eligibility, the Chamber must show an impact when April and May 2020 business related deposits are compared to January and February 2020 or to April and May 2019 business related deposits.
• The amount eligible for reimbursement by the Grant is two and one-half (2.5) times the average monthly payroll expense calculated using the Form 941 submitted with the application, multiplied by the percentage of Chamber Members with businesses/addresses located within Tarrant County, outside the City of Fort Worth to total membership
• The dollar amount of each Chamber grant will be determined as outlined above, up to a maximum grant amount of $50,000.
• Completed applications and required documentation will be reviewed and recommended for award by the Tarrant County Auditor’s Office. Following approval by the Tarrant County Commissioners Court, a check for the grant award will be issued to the applicable Chamber of Commerce and mailed to the address listed in the provided Form W-9.
• Tarrant County is a governmental body subject to the Texas Public Information Act. Information submitted to Tarrant County in the application may be subject to the Act and, therefore, subject to public release.
Documentation Required with Application Submittal
• U.S. Government Issued Identification for person authorized to submit application on behalf of the Chamber (One required)
• Form W-9 (completed and signed)
• Payroll Documentation:
• Expense Documentation:
• January 2020, February 2020, April 2020, May 2020, Aprils 2019
and May 2019 Bank Statements for the Chamber applying for grant
• Chambers of Commerce may make application for grant funding under this program beginning Monday, November 16 through Monday, November 23, 2020.
• Applications will be reviewed for eligibility and grant award prior to December 30, 2020.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.