• Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Employment Doing Business Our Community How Do i...
  • Apply For
  • Search For
  • Access
  • Pay
  • Register For
  • View
  • OpenBooks

    Housing Resources during COVID-19

    Tarrant County, TX issued a Declaration of Local Disaster due to COVID-19 on March 13, 2020.

    Community Development & Housing Department (CDHD) understands the continued impacts of loss or reduction of income on homeowners, renters and landlords during this unprecidented time. We are here to provide you with up to date information and where potential resources exist. Not all may be listed on this site. Please check with, United Way of Tarrant County, your city, local community and churches to see if other resources are available.


    CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky has signed an extension to the eviction moratorium further preventing the eviction of tenants who are unable to make rental payments. The moratorium that was scheduled to expire on March 31, 2021 is now extended through June 30, 2021. To prevent eviction, print, sign and date this form. Make a copy for yourself and give the original to your landlord.

    Tarrant County is using Federal resources to help renters pay their rent during this period of emergency. Please carefully review the options for assistance below and apply according to where you live and your situation. Rental assistance is not guaranteed as eligibility is dependent on your situation and income level.

    I live in the City of Fort Worth and need rental assistance because COVID-19 has financially hurt me. Apply to the City of Fort Worth by calling (817) 392-5785 or apply online
    I live in the City of Arlington and need rental assistance because COVID-19 has financially hurt me.

    Apply to the Arlington Housing Authority by calling (817) 276-6713 or apply online

    Please call Arlington Urban Ministries at (817) 861-8585 if you are facing eviction

    I live in the City of Grand Prairie and need rental and utility assistance.

    Call Grand Prairie United Charities at (972) 262-2014 OR
    if you have a child in GPISD, call Lifeline for Families at (972) 642-7744

    Download applications at

    I live in Tarrant County, but NOT in Fort Worth, Grand Prairie or Arlington. I need short term rental assistance because of COVID-19 or another emergency. Apply To Tarrant County by calling (817) 850-7940 or by filling out the form on this link:
    A case manager will contact you about your short-term rental assistance request.
    I live in Tarrant County and only need Utility Assistance (electric, gas and propane). Apply with Community Action Partners by calling (817) 392-5720 or at
    I live in Tarrant County and need rental assistance. Call Tarrant County Human Services at (817) 531-5620 or visit


    NOTE: If you are unsure of which program is best for you, go to and answer a few basic questions.

    Information (Updated March 30, 2021)

    Information in links may change, check back frequently for updates.




    County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111

    Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

    This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.

    County Seal

    100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196