• Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Employment Doing Business Our Community How Do i...
  • Apply For
  • Search For
  • Access
  • Pay
  • Register For
  • View
  • OpenBooks

    Housing Resources during COVID-19

    Tarrant County, TX issued a Declaration of Local Disaster due to COVID-19 on March 13, 2020.

    Community Development & Housing Department (CDHD) understands the continued impacts of loss or reduction of income on homeowners, renters and landlords during this unprecidented time. We are here to provide you with up to date information and where potential resources exist. Not all may be listed on this site. Please check with, United Way of Tarrant County, your city, local community and churches to see if other resources are available.


    Tarrant County was using Federal resources to help renters pay their rent during this period of emergency. As of April 30 at 5 p.m., Tarrant County’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program is closed to new applications. The program will continue to process applications submitted prior to the deadline in the order received. Households already approved for assistance with ERAP do not need to reapply. Please carefully review the options for assistance below and apply according to where you live and your situation. Rental assistance is not guaranteed as eligibility is dependent on your situation and income level, but we strongly encourage you to apply.






    I live in the City of Fort Worth and need rental assistance because COVID-19 has financially hurt me. Apply to the City of Fort Worth by calling 817-392-5785 or apply online City of Fort Worth by clicking here.
    I live in the City of Arlington and need rental assistance because COVID-19 has financially hurt me.

    Apply to the Arlington Housing Authority by calling 817-276-6713 or apply online Arlington Housing Authority  by clicking here.

    If you are facing eviction, please call Arlington Urban Ministries at 817-861-8585

    I live in the City of Grand Prairie and need rental and utility assistance.

    There are currently no funds to assist with COVID-19 at this time. Call Grand Prairie United Charities at 972-262-2014 to inquire if there are other funds available.

    I live in Tarrant County, but NOT in Fort Worth, Grand Prairie or Arlington. 

    I need short term rental assistance because of COVID-19 or another emergency.  

    Apply To Tarrant County by calling 817-850-7940, option 2 or by clicking on this link to fill out the Tarrant County application.
    I live in Tarrant County and only need Utility Assistance (electric, gas and propane). Apply with Community Action Partners by calling 817-392-5720 or apply on-line Community Action Partners by clicking here.
    I live in Tarrant County and need rental assistance. Call Tarrant County Human Services at 817-531-5620 or visit Tarrant County Human Services by clicking here.



    This page was last modified on May 31, 2022


    County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111

    Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

    This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.

    County Seal

    100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196