UPDATE: Pursuant to decisions of our governmental officials, there will be no jury trials until May 8, 2020. If you have a jury trial scheduled before May 8th, the court will automatically reset your trial.
We at the 153rd District Court stand ready to serve you and your clients during this difficult time. We are looking for solutions to allow everyone to remain safe, but to fulfill the needs of the legal community and your clients. In this regard, these are some temporary procedures for the 153rd that will remain in place until further notice.
1) Pursuant to the Order of the Supreme Court, all jury trials are suspended until April 1st. If you have a trial scheduled in the 153rd between now and then, you will be automatically reset and will receive notice of the new setting.
2) The court is otherwise open and all hearings and non-jury trials are still on the docket.
3) We are available to handle all TROs and Injunctions. TROs will be considered by submission in chambers with no ex parte communication from either side.
4) We can arrange to have hearings and non-jury trials live, by teleconference, or via video. The Office of Judicial Administration is working on a state-wide solution to videoconferencing for all courts.
5) If one side is unable to participate in a hearing or non-jury trial, it will be postponed. Please talk to your opposing counsel before calling the court.
6) Any hearings or non-jury trials that have out-of-county lawyers or witnesses that would be required to travel, will either be postponed, or we will work out a video option.
Please call us if you have any questions – we care about you and your families, and your clients.
Judge Susan McCoy
Call Patricia Cannon at 817-884-2691
Call Suzanne Berry at 817-884-1471
Call Deputy Stephen Farrow at 817-884-1490
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.