Veterans Services: 2. Non-Service Connected Pension (NSCP)
Veterans Services
Tarrant County Veterans Services
  | VA Veteran Benefits | VA Survivor Benefits | Texas Benefits Veterans/Survivors | Women Veterans | Homeless Veterans | Incarcerated Veterans | Radiation Exposure Illnesses | Asbestos Exposure Illnesses | Agent Orange Illnesses | Gulf War Related Illnesses | Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) | Order Military Documents | Frequently Asked Questions | Veteran Organizations | Helpful Phone Numbers | Online Resources | Contact Information | Veterans Services | Home Login | Register | Show Images | Home 
{Tarrant County Courthouse with Bass Tower in Background}
Courthouse with Bass Towers
VA Benefit Programs for Veterans

Non-Service Connected Pension (NSCP)
  {Military Photo}
The VA Non-Service Connected Pension is a “needs based” program aimed at providing financial assistance to low income, permanently and totally disabled wartime veterans.
a. Who Is Eligible?
You may be eligible if:
  • You were discharged from service under Honorable conditions or, General Under Honorable Conditions, AND
  • For veterans who entered active duty BEFORE 7 Sep 1980, you must have served 90 days or more of active duty with at least 1 day being during a period of war (you didn't have to be in combat, just have been in the service at least 1 day during a period of war). NOTE: Veterans who entered active duty AFTER 7 Sep 1980, must have served at least 24 months of active duty service. If the total length of service is less than 24 months, the Veteran must have completed their entire tour of active duty, AND
  • Your countable income is below a certain amount determined by Congress yearly, AND
  • You meet the net worth limitations, AND
  • You are age 65 or older, OR, you have a permanent and total non-service connected disability, OR, you are patient in a nursing home, OR you are receiving Social Security disability benefits.
b. How Much Does VA Pay?
The amount VA pays depends on a number of factors such as your combined yearly income, the severity of your current health status, your marital/dependent status, etc.  Contact the VA at 800 827-1000 to find out the current rates of pay for your situation as the rates change yearly.
c. How Can You Apply?
As there are many factors that go into filing a proper Non-Service Connected Pension claim.  We recommend that you contact our office at (817) 531-5645 for assistance in filing a Non-Service Connected Pension claim.  We have trained staff that will assist you with the complete process, free of charge. 

Content Last Modified on 1/24/2014 6:07:10 PM


Privacy Policy   |  Accessibility Statement   |  Contact Webmaster
Media Inquiries    |   General Information   |  Public Information Act

County Telephone Operator: 817- 884-1111

Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2015 Tarrant County, TX