BEFORE PAYING YOUR TAXES:
You may pay property tax payments with Visa, MasterCard, and Discover online, over the phone and in person.
American Express cards are only accepted in person at one of our eight locations. All credit card payments are assessed a convenience fee by the credit card companies.
Pay My County Taxes
- Taxpayers have an easy and convenient way to pay property taxes online. Transactions are processed through our secured server. Property tax account and payment information are stored for reviewing and printing purposes.
- You can receive your tax bill by email rather than by mail. Click on the E-Statement link above to create a login and register for email tax bill.
Deed History Cards
– Search through images of Tarrant County’s Deed History Cards to find property tax records that can aid you in researching ownership and property history prior to 1984.
Auto Registration Online
- Tarrant County residents can now renew registration for motor vehicles online. This feature is convenient, easy and designed to save you time!
– Toll tags are available for purchase online. After purchase has been completed, you may pick up your tags at any of eight Tarrant County locations
. We will hold the completed transactions in our office for 7 business days.
- The new property tax estimator is available to estimate what your new taxes would be if you changed your exemption, changed your value or recalculated your penalty & interest.
Convenience fee to use a credit/debit card - The use of credit cards is offered solely as a convenience for those who want that option. The convenience fee is what the credit card companies and their payment processors charge. Tarrant County does not retain any of this fee. Unlike retail stores who pay the fees by taking a discount on their product, government agencies cannot discount the taxes to absorb the credit card fees. We continue to work with the card companies on the fees, like you I wish we did not charge but this option is well liked by those who need it.
Email - For additional information or questions about your property taxes and/or the motor vehicles department, please select an email link below.