Online Services Government
  • Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Residents Visitors Business Employment

    Question 10: Can I register a vehicle that has been wrecked or has a salvage title?

    Can I register a vehicle that has been wrecked or has a salvage title?

    If you are the titled owner, you may purchase registration on a vehicle that has been wrecked but still has a regular Texas title.  Unfortunately, you are not allowed to purchase registration on your vehicle with any type of salvage title or salvage remark on the record. Once a vehicle has been repaired, application can be made for a regular Texas title and registration may be purchased at the time of application.   

    For more information on how to title a vehicle that has a salvage title or a salvage remark on the record, see the FAQ's - Motor Vehicle Titles.


    County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111

    Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

    This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.

    County Seal

    100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196