Online Services Government
  • Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Residents Visitors Business Employment

    Gerald D. Saxon Collection

     

    Book Cover

     

     

    Summary: Donated own book - A Centennial History of The University of Texas at Arlington, 1895-1995, which traces 100 years of the school's history. UTA began in 1895 as Arlington College, a small private school located one mile southwest of Arlington. For the next 22 years, the school underwent three name changes and struggled as a private academy before becoming a branch campus of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas (now Texas A&M). While a part of A&M, the school was known first as Grubbs Vocational College, then North Texas Agricultural College, and later as Arlington State College. In 1965 the college joined the University of Texas system and two years later became known as The University of Texas at Arlington.

    Book

    • Transitions: A Centennial History of the University of Texas at Arlington 1895-1995, UTA Press 1995, autographed