Online Services Government
  • Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Residents Visitors Business Employment

    Michael Patterson Collection

    Fort Worth Stockyards Drug Store.
     

    Summary: Patterson donated his research files on the Oak Grove Methodist Church, Mitchell Cemetery, area schools, photographs, and books.

    Books

    • Texas Log Buildings, A Folk Architecture by Terry G. Jordan, Austin and London: University of Texas Press, 1978
    • Index to Applications for Texas Confederate Pensions, revised edition, 1977, compiled by John M. Kinney, revised by Peggy Oakley by Archives Division, Texas State Library
    • Confederate and Southern States Currency, a part of Criswell's Currency Series, Vol. I, 1st Revised Edition, Confederate and Southern State Currency, by Grover C. Criswell Jr., 1964, published by Krause Publications
    • Criswell's Currency Series Vol. II, Confederate and Southern State Bonds, by Grover C. Criswell Jr., 1961

    Cemeteries

    • Mitchell Cemetery
      • Partial copy of Mary Daggett Lake manuscript - "Tarrant First Girl"
      • Partial copy of "Autobiography of Oscar Zandt Gulledge" from Fort Worth City Guide
      • Partial copy of "First Cemetery," by Mrs. E. O. Anderson, October 1, 1867
      • Newspaper clippings from 1935, 1937, and other undated
      • Five pages of assorted notes
      • Portion of letter from O. L. York
      • Letter from Larry Williams dated May 22, 1979
      • Map of property of Fort Worth Stockyards Company, Little Survey, July 1922
    • Allen Cemetery
      • 1902 deed from Mary Y. Smith to W. S. Allen for 320 acres
      • J. M. Goodwin survey
      • 1924 deed Allen's et. al to Frank G. Allen, excepting graveyard
      • Tax card for J. M. Goodwin Survey, Abstract 611
      • Inventory of Allen cemetery, located on J. M. Goodwin survey, one page
      • Handwritten notes, four pages
    • Davenport Cemetery
      • Field notes for road project
      • Handwritten notes, 12 pages
    • Spring Garden Cemetery - notes

    Churches

    • Oak Grove Methodist Church
      • April 25, 1975 notes, interview with Mrs. Lou Shaffer of Colleyville
      • Resume of Robert Covington Hicks, Methodist minister, dated November 29, 1894
      • Photograph labeled "Oak Grove Methodist Church" c. 1890
      • Handwritten notes on the Journal Central Texas Conference and census information
      • Copy of deed of land for Methodist Episcopal Church, McLean survey
    • Bear Creek Baptist Church - minutes, nine pages
    • Tarrant County Baptist Association, minutes of 1886, four pages

    Family Files

    • Eli Smith Family: handwritten notes, five pages
    • Spencer Graham: three pages
    • Hurst Family: four pages
    • Abram Byas: three pages
    • Seaborn Gilmore and Family: 26 pages
    • S. C. H. Witten: power of attorney, two pages
    • Hamilton Bennett: five pages
    • Alverson Family: Randle Mill, nine pages
    • Rev. John Q. Burnett: two pages
    • Rev. John A. Freeman: 20 pages
    • Thomas Easter Family: 14 pages
    • Lilburn H. Colley: 21 pages
    • Thomas J. Thompson: various papers
    • Bobo Family: four pages
    • W. L. Huff: five pages
    • W. D. Hudgins: obituary, handwritten notes
    • White Family: personal papers, tax records, receipts, etc, 40 pages

    People

    • Simon Cockrell: official papers in reference to service in army of Republic of Texas, and bounty grants, 11 pages
    • William Driskill, 1861, muster roll, one page
    • Peter Parker, 1865 muster roll, one page
    • Pension papers, Texas Revolution pensions, 21 pages

    Photographs

    • Seven photographs of the remains of the iron bridge over Big Bear Creek on Pleasant Run-White's Chapel Road, Grapevine, after its collapse in 1971, when it was struck by an auto and both bridge and car collapsed, photos were taken a few days after (image shown) 
    • One old photograph, mounted, of interior of Fort Worth Stockyards Drug Store, date unknown, but appears to be early 1900s (image shown)
    • Oak Grove Methodist Church, about 1890, 8 by 10 inches black and white copy print, photographer unknown, origin of photo unknown
    • Isham Crowley and Hiram Crowley tombstones, Bear Creek Cemetery, photos taken by donor, 5 by 7 inches black and white prints
    • William L. Hurst. One original copy in possession of Jo Ellen Greer, accompanies manuscript
    • "Em" Hurst and his family lived in this small log cabin located in present-day Hurst at the southeast corner of Norwood and Highway 183, accompanies manuscript

    Iron Bridge on Bear Creek

    • W. L., Mary Hurst, and their children; America Belle Hurst, Evie Hurst, Francis Hurst, Mahlon Hurst, James Houston Hurst, Emerson Hurst, Tom Hurst, and Will Hurst. Photo taken the day of a large gathering at Tom Hurst's Home, accompanies manuscript
    • The Rock Island Railroad constructed this depot on Uncle Billy's land in 1903 and named the stop Hurst, accompanies manuscript
    • Community gathering at the home of Wiley Thomas Hurst, now Hackney Hill, Highway 183, Hurst, TX, accompanies manuscript
    • Detail of group at Tom Hurst's house on Devil's Backbone. W.L. Hurst is standing to the left of the porch, accompanies manuscript
    • Portrait of W. L. and Mary Hurst. Photo was provided by Tommy Ray, accompanies manuscript  
    • Gravestone of W. L. and Mary Hurst in Bedford Cemetery, accompanies manuscript

    Schools

    • Typed quotes from Fort Worth Gazette, dated 1884, one page
    • Typed notes from official records: Treasury Records, State Archives, and County School Directory, fifteen pages
    • Typed notes from Fort Worth Daily Gazette, October 11, 1885
    • Five pages typed notes on school districts, source unknown
    • One page 1880 census, William P. Sims
    • One page assorted typed notes including school districts
    • Typed page of Euless school notes
    • Hand-drawn plat of Mt. Johnson Survey 863, and J. Crearly Survey 269, showing school district line
    • Five copies of partial maps, showing school districts
    • 10 letters to Patterson relative to school districts
    • Files on Johnson School and Evatt School

    Bedford

    • Bobo House, Bedford
      • 1979 Manuscript by Mike Patterson
      • Two pages from old book found in Bobo house

    TARRANT COUNTY, TEXAS



    County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111

    Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

    This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.

    County Seal

    100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196