Online Services Government
  • Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Residents Visitors Business Employment

    Judy R. Molenburg Collection

    Outlaw House

    Summary: Donor is the daughter of long-time historian and collector Janie Reid. Janie Reid was highly involved with securing the historic district status for the Fort Worth Stockyards. A native of the North Side with deep roots in its history with Niles City, she actively advocated for preserving the North Side's history and associated identity. While researching numerous sites for their consideration by the State of Texas and U.S. Department of Interior as significant places to be marked and honored, she developed this collection of materials.

    Abstracts of Title

    • General Land Office list for Tarrant County
    • John Baugh survey, M. G. Ellis addition
    • Louis Cohen survey, M. G. Ellis addition

    Additions - Maps, Planning, Notes, on additions to Tarrant County

    • Diamond Hill
    • M. G. Ellis
    • Fostepco Heights
    • Glenwood Park
    • Googins
    • Rosen Heights

    Advertising

    • Leonard's Merchandising
    • Continental National Bank
    • Booklet: The Story of Mrs. Baird's Bread
    • Fort Worth Children's Hospital
    • Card: Grand Opening of Hulen Mall, 1977
    • Reddy Kilowatt's Almanac, July 1951 and March 1951
    • Letter: Fort Worth Federal Business Association
    • Pamphlet: Facts About Texas, Compliments of the House of Representatives

    Archeology

    • Book: Indians in the History of Tarrant County Texas by James H. Naker and Raymond E. Cage, II, Edited by Isabelle R. Lobdell, Lobdell and Elbert D. Helm, A Publication of Tarrant County Archaeological Society, Fort Worth, Texas
    • Book: Historical Archaeology in the Metroplex: Floodplain Sites by Nancy G. Reese, Cecily A. Pegues, and Bonnie C. Yates, Institute of Applied Sciences, North Texas State University

    Aviation

    • Helium Plant
      • Newspaper: "Surviving Officer at Shenandoah Memorial," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, November 12, 1925, page 23
      • Newspaper: "1919 Plant Pioneered in Dirigible," typed up article on loose leaf paper, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday, October, 1949
      • Newspaper: Fort Worth Star-Telegram, December 15, 1918, typed up article on loose leaf paper

    Biographical

    • Pioneers of Tarrant County
      • Fort Worth City Guide, pages 860-889, 1008, copies
    • Anderson family
      • "State of Texas to Abraham Anderson," typed, one page, December 13, 1856
      • "First Hundred Families," four-page typed document
      • Newspaper: "Families of Anderson, Tucker, Had part in County Progress," newspaper unknown, date unknown, copy
      • Fort Worth City Guide, pages 108-109, copies
    • Armstrong, George Washington
      • Notice of Sale of Real Estate, copy
    • Arnold, Ripley
      • Handwritten notes
      • Book: Hill County Texas Trilogy by Colonel Harold B. Simpson, 1986, copy,
      • Newspaper: "Early Tarrant County, Texas," Fort Worth Star-Telegram , October 1949, typed
    • Brown, Milton
    • Burchill, Belle Murray
    • Castle, Vernon
    • Culberson, Charles and David B.
    • Daggett, Charles
    • Daggett, E. M.
    • Daggett, E. M.
    • Daggett, Henry Clay
    • Daggett, Laura Palmer
    • Daggett, Tenie
    • Daggett, Regulator-Moderator War recollections
    • Daggett, Helen Mar 
    • Deen, Edgar and Edith
    • Durie, Roy
    • Earl family
    • Ellis, Meredith G.
    • Evans, Sam
    • Gambrell family
    • Glen Walker
    • Googins
    • Gruenwald
    • Hamilton
    • Harris, Abe
    • Harris, George
    • Hendricks
    • Jarvis
    • Johnson, Alfred D.
    • Johnson, Middleton T.
    • McElyea
    • Miller, Jim
    • Mitchell
    • Niles, L. V.
    • Peak
    • Post, C. W.
    • Reynolds, George T.
    • Rosen, Sam
    • Saunders, G. W. and Tom
    • Shannon
    • Smith
    • Stockard, Ocie
    • Terrill, Ed
    • Terry, Nathaniel
    • Thannisch
    • VanZandt
    • Wetmore
    • Yordanoff

    Books

    • Cattle Kings of Texas by C. L. Douglas, excerpts, Haltom City Public Library
    • Cow People by J. Frank Dobie, excerpts, Haltom City Public Library
    • Fort Worth, a Frontier Triumph, Kathryn Garrett by Julia Kathryn Garrett, the Encino Press, Austin, Texas, 1972
    • Handbook of Texas, excerpts, two volumes, Editor-in-Chief, Walter Prescott Webb, managing Editor, H. Bailey Carroll, Austin, Texas, The Texas State Historical Association, 1952
    • Indian Wars and Pioneers of Texas, John Henry Brown, excerpts, published by L. E. Daniel, Austin, Texas, 1978
    • Money on the Hoof  by Edith Wharton Taylor, Introduction by Ben K. Green, The Old Army Press, Fort Collins, Colorado, Copyright 1974
    • Old Northwest Texas, Navarro County, Navarro County 1846-1860, Compiled by Nancy Timmons Samuels and Barbara Roach Knox, Published by Fort Worth Genealogical Society, Printed by Chelle-Kirk Printing Co., Arlington, Texas, Binder, John D. Ellis, Inc., Dallas, Texas, copyright 1980, excerpts
      • Volume I-A: pages 12, 13, 21, 46, 47, 61-72, 128-131, 165-169
      • Volume I-B: pages 725-735
    • Pioneering North Texas by W. Henry Miller, The Naylor Company, San Antonio, Texas, copyright 1953
    • Trek to Texas 1770-1870 by Pearl Foster O'Donnell, Published by Branch-Smith Inc., Fort Worth, Texas, copyright 1966

    Bridges

    • Cold Springs Road / Trinity River
      • Tarrant County Commissioners Court Minutes, December 18, 1877, copy, discussed the issue of levying a tax in order to build a bridge across the West Fork of the Trinity River near Fort Worth
      • Tarrant County Commissioners Court Minutes, February 27, 1878, copy, allowing the bridge to be built by Jones and McLaughlin
      • Newspaper: "Final Funds Raised to Complete First Bridge Over River," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, December 7, 1878, page 8AA
      • Newspaper: Fort Worth Daily Democrat, November 11, 1877
      • Newspaper: "Purses Open for Bridge Over Trinity," newspaper unknown, date unknown
    • Marine Creek
      • Newspaper: Fort Worth Daily Live Stock Reporter, January 1, 1910, page 10
      • Newspaper: "City Plans," Fort Worth Record, January 29, 1910
      • Photographs: three machine copied photographs
        1. Marine Creek and East Exchange Avenue.
        2. 119 E. Exchange
        3. 120 E. Exchange
    • Mitchell's Crossing
      • Commissioner's Court, March 1883, "Bridges - King Iron Bridge Co., "Mitchell Bridge to be Built"

    Buildings

    • Niles City Hall
      • Newspaper: "Niles Town Hall to House Workers," Fort Worth Press , December 10, 1942, page 7
      • Probate: Estate of Jerry F. Ellis, Deceased, Application for Probate of the Last Will and Testament of Jerry F. Ellis, Deceased, filed February 4, 1909, copy
      • Notebook: red notebook full of letters and document pertaining to the town of Niles, some linked to Diamond Hill Addition, various clippings/copies of newspapers and photographs
    • Telephone Exchange
      • Newspaper: "North Side's First Telephone Exchange Located 2100 Main," North Fort Worth Press, December 4, 1953
      • Newspaper: "Prospect Exchange - North side, The Southwestern Telegraph and Telephone Co.," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, December 15, 1912
      • O'Keefe-Long Building, Block 20
      • Map: Block 20, Ellis Avenue, North Main with list of lots
      • Various Assessor's Abstract
      • Tax Records
    • Coliseum
      • Photograph: Four white horses pulling a carriage of men, date unknown, black and white copy
      • Photograph: Entrance to Coliseum with large crowd, date unknown, black and white, copy
      • Photograph: Coliseum by itself, black and white, copy
      • Photograph: Exchange Avenue, North Fort Worth, date unknown, black and white, copy
      • Photograph: The Cattle Exchange, North Fort Worth, date unknown, black and white, copy
      • Catalog: 1907 Directory Of Fort Worth, photograph of Coliseum, black and white, copy
      • Photograph: Coliseum, black and white, date unknown, copy
      • Photograph: Coliseum, Dan Loyd Photo, date unknown, black and white, copy
      • Photograph: "Southwestern Exposition and Fat Stock Show  March 13 through 22, 1942, Fort Worth, Texas," black and white, copy
      • Photographs: Multiple photos of the Coliseum with cars parked out front, black and white, dates unknown, copies
      • Historic Preservation Council for Tarrant County, Texas, booklet, May 1983
      • Newspaper: "A Persian Garden," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, October 1949
      • Folder: titled "Coliseum 1908, Events of Show," includes written up loose leaf papers, copies of newspapers, notes
      • Pamphlet: "Public Works and Development Facilities, Standard Terms and Conditions," U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, Exhibit "B" July 1, 1972, copy
      • "Public Works and Development Facilities, Offer of Grant," U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, May 6, 1974, copy
      • Agreements, copy
      • Land Department of Fort Worth, Coliseum, 1955, "Lot 3, Trucker's Sub." typed up loose leaf paper
      • Newspaper: "Stock Show Color Scheme Patriotic; $100,000 Spent," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, March 1941
      • Newspaper: "Cowtown Says Come and Get It - Biggest and Best Promise for Southwestern Exposition and Fat Stock Show," West Texas Today, March 1941, page 13
      • Piece of paper with photo of Coliseum and note
      • Invitation: Opening and dedication of the Fort Worth Visitor Information Center, August 26, 1982, mailed to Ms. Janice
    • Edelbrock Building, 124 West Exchange
      • Various Titles of Abstracts relating to the Edelbrock Building
      • Newspaper: "Case of the Wandering Tombstone," Fort Worth Press, April 19, 1963
    • Exchange Building
      • "Journal of the House of Representatives of the Regular Session of the Thirtieth Legislature of Texas," convened at the City of Austin, January 8, 1907, and adjourned April 12, 1907, loose leaf paper, copy
    • Exposition Building
      • Note cards with random addresses in downtown Fort Worth written on them
      • Newspaper: "Old Stock Show Grounds," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Morning, June 8, 1950, copy
      • Map: "Fort Worth Union Stockyard," no date, red pen markings
      • Newsletter: The Cowtown Dispatch, August 1983
      • Letter: To: Raymond E. Buck, Attorney, From: W. L. Pier, discussing a telephone conversation previously had, August 11, 1948, original
      • Random notes about the building, date unknown
      • Letter: "RE: Realty Located in Trucker's Sub," To: Ms. Reid, From: Jennifer A. Juroska, Records, Tarrant Appraisal District, April 26, 1985
      • Newspaper: "Community Center Possible, City Gives option For Sale of Land 26th and N. Main," North Fort Worth News, June 8, 1950, copy
      • Letter: "Fort Worth Stockyards: A Division of United Stockyards Corporation," March 7, 1949, To: Paul, From: W. L. Pier
      • Letter: "Great Southern Life Insurance Company," Dallas, Texas, From: W. L. Pier
      • Letter: To: Fort Worth Stockyards Company, From: Brookes Baker
    • Googins Building
      • Map: North 20th Street West and North Main Street, copy
      • Map: Ellis Avenue and North Main, copy
    • Hereford Hotel, Block 19
      • Map: W. Exchange Avenue, Finney, North 24th Street West, North Houston
      • Assessor's Abstract of City Property, Hereford Hotel photograph in bottom left corner, copy
    • Post Office, Stockyards Branch, 300 W. Exchange
      • "Stockyards Land Company, To Lease, This Indenture, made the 5th day of November, 1909"
      • Map: Blocks 18 and 18, M.G. Ellis Addition, North Fort Worth, Texas
      • Certificate: "Issued for the benefit of the Fort Worth and Tarrant County Abstract Company," May 26, 1937, Owner: First National Bank, copy
      • Random notes
      • Court and deed records
      • Newspaper: "Early Day Grocery," North Fort Worth News, November 27, 1953, page 5, clipping, original
      • Newspaper: Fort Worth Star-Telegram Section: Lifestyle, Thursday Evening, November 19, 1981
    • Thannisch Building
      • Newspaper: "A Place Hilton Might Envy," Fort Worth Star-Telegram , Sunday, April 15, 1984, clipping, original
      • Newspaper: "Restored Stockyards Hotel a Knockout," assumed Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday, March 18, 1984, clipping, original
      • Newspaper: "Landmark Hotel in Stockyards is Closed Down," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, August 13, 1981, clipping, original
      • Newspaper: "Hotel Chandler," North Fort Worth Sunday News and Southwestern Farmer and Breeder, Sunday, December 20, 1914, clipping, original, copy also
      • Club Hotel and Cafe, Hotel chandler, and Stockyards Hotel stationary letterhead clippings and envelope, 1910s and 1920s
      • Photograph: Thannisch Building, black and white, 5 by 7 inches, date unknown
      • Loose leaf paper on Thannisch Building with highlighted notes. Buildings - Will Rogers Complex
      • Photograph: Car with two kids, sepia tone, c. 1930s
      • Photographs: various black and white photos of Thannisch Building as a Drug Store and Hotel at various points in time
      • "The Thannisch Block Building, Fort Worth, Texas," by Janie Reid, twenty-four page write up, loose leaf paper, original, 1983
      • Historic Preservation Certification Application, copy
      • Survey: Henry M. Dickson, surveyor, April 21, 1949, survey of Lots 45, 46, 47 on Block 218 Googin's Subdivision, part of North Fort Worth Addition to the City of Fort Worth, original, blue and white  
      • Bibliography note cards
    • Will Rogers Complex
      • Newspaper: "Engineer Defied Criticism to Build Will Rogers Dome," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday, August 2, 1969, clipping, original
      • Newspaper: "Harrell Lists 3 Projects For New Government Loans: Mayor Thinks City Should Take Advantage of U. S. Plan For Financing Municipal Construction," Fort Worth Press, June 26, 1939, clipping, original
      • Newsletter: The Medallion, Preservation News in Texas, Texas Historical Commission, Austin, Texas, March 1991, "A 300-Year Stretch of Texas History"

    Businesses

    • Buffalo Hides
      • Book: Maverick Tales: True Stories of Early Texas by J.D. Rittenhouse, Published by Winchester Press, New York, copyright 1971, pages 164-171
    • North Fort Worth
      • North Fort Worth Business Directory, 1920. Hand written copy
      • Sanitary Corp Abstract of Title
    • Armour's
      • Newspaper: Photograph of Armour's Office force in 1905 "we're unable to name all of these old timers, but many North Siders will recognize them," North Fort Worth News, December 4, 1953
    • Fincher's
      • Newspaper: Front page of Fort Worth Daily Live Stock Reporter, North Fort Worth, Texas, Monday, January 31, 1910, copy
      • Newspaper: "Raina Will Help," newspaper unknown, mentions W. G. Newby, December 10, 1911, copy
      • Various copies of Newspaper articles printed in a book or on microfilm
      • Newsletter: "The Trunk Full of Gold From California," by Mack Williams, The Old Fort Worth, July 2-4 1976, pages 22-23, original
      • Random business notes on graphing paper and lined notebook paper
      • Legal Description of Bank Building
      • Newspaper: "Seymour Drescher is One of North Side's Colorful Personalities," North Fort Worth News, May 30, 1957
    •  Fort Worth Stock Yards Company
      • Letter: From Fort Worth Stock Yards Company, January 29th, 1898
      • Various Fort Worth and Tarrant County Land Title Office documents
      • Letter: To: A. H. Veeder, From: illegible, sent with a copy of the description of Cotton Seed Oil tract of property and Elevator tract of property at the Fort Worth Stock Yards, January 23, 1902, original
    • Niles Elevator
      • Abstract notes, various dates, 1916-1934, copy, includes handwritten notes
      • Assessor's Abstract of Rural Property
      • Grantor, Grantee document including survey
    • North Fort Worth Land Company
      • General Warranty Deed, North Fort Worth Land Company, To Joseph B. Googins, October 31, 1901, originals
    • Rosen Heights Company
      • Minutes of the Commissioners' Court, Rosen Heights Incorporation, November 17, 1906, copy
    • Stockyards - General Business Information
      • Tannery and Shoes Factory, Records Transfers, Referenced from Fort Worth Daily Gazette, October 17, 1889, copies, includes handwritten notes
      • Newspaper: "Old Tannery to Get New Lease on Life," newspaper unknown, February 15, 1976
      • Pamphlet: Fort Worth Cotton Oil Company, copy, 1909
      • Newspaper: "The Rolling Mill," Fort Worth Weekly Gazette, December 26, 1889, copy
      • Newspaper: "Gulf Refining Company's Million Dollar Plant Here Begins operations in Three Weeks," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, February 25, 1912, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Art Form Gets Under Your Skin," Fort Worth Star-Telegram , Friday, July 6, 1979
      • Newspaper: "Father of Fort Worth," Fort Worth News, Friday, December 4, 1953, clipping, copy
      • Book: The Texas Almanac, 1904, copied pages 368-371
      • Newspaper: "Building for Auto Factory Here Bought," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, March 10, 1917, page 3, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Old West Lives Again on Exchange Ave.," newspaper unknown, March 18, 1938
      • Newspaper: "Three Cattle Queens are Chosen," newspaper unknown, March 16, 1938
      • Newsletter: The Armor Star, Vol. 2, No. 2, copy of two pages
      • Newspaper: "21 Armour and Co. Workers receive Silver Service Pins," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Thursday, November 10, 1949, clipping, copy
      • Letter: Armour and Company, June 18, 1966, September 12, 1966, notice of closing to an employee

    Cemeteries

    • Mitchell Cemetery
      • Right of Deeds, letter discussing owning
      • Random notes written on loose leaf paper throughout file
      • Abstract from August 5, 1890
      • Small hand-drawn maps
      • Newspaper: "Pioneer Cemetery To Get Clean-Up," Fort Worth News Tribune, October 19, 1984, page 5B, copy
      • Blank forms for Mitchell Cemetery grave locations
      • Newspaper: "Sunflowers Help Mask Neglected Burial Ground," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, date unknown, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "County's Earliest Pioneer Cemetery Is Re-discovered," by Bess Stephenson, newspaper unknown, date unknown, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Gilmore Grave Site is Known," newspaper unknown, date unknown, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Gilmore Grave Site Said to Be Known," North Side, Fall 1936, clippings, copy
      • Newspaper: "Subscription Fund to Improve Early Cemetery Planned," North Side, Fall 1936, clippings, copy
      • Newspaper: "City hedging on Cemetery Chore," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, May 17, 1956, clippings, copy
      • Newspaper: "Missing Owner of cemetery Located by Red-Faced City," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, May 18, 1956, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Pioneer's Descendant Appeals for Restoration of Ancient Cemetery," newspaper unknown, date unknown, clipping, copy
      • Texas Cemetery Records, Tarrant County, Daughters of the American Revolution, Texas, copy of one page on the First Cemetery
      • Unknown Book, pages 208 and 216 copied, writings on the cemetery
      • Autobiographical page of Oscar Zandt Gulledge, Fort Worth City Guide , pages 108-109, loose leaf papers
      • Newspaper: "Cemetery May Get Historic Marker," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, date unknown, copy
    • Oakwood Cemetery
      • Map of Oakwood Cemetery
      • Pamphlet: The Westminster Abbey" of Fort Worth, Texas: The Story of Oakwood Cemetery by Margaret W. Harrison, October 1, 1970
      • Pamphlet: Beloved Heritage: Oakwood Cemetery
      • Three page write up of Dr. P. C. Clark's life, picture included
      • Letter: To: Sister Ollie, From: Minnie Ryan, December 9, 1902
      • Handwritten notes on loose leaf paper about deed records
      • Newspaper: "Bones Discovered at Construction Site," newspaper  unknown, August 23, 1967, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Old Bones Problem for Crime Lab," newspaper unknown, August 23, 1967, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Graveyard Relocation Bill Delayed," newspaper unknown, September 11, 1967, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "39 Graves Give Rise to Legal Questions," newspaper unknown, May 22, 1968, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Attorney Studies Bill," newspaper unknown, September 12, 1987, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "County Not Responsible for Grave Relocations," newspaper unknown, January 15, 1968, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Park Board Agrees to Care for Cemetery," newspaper unknown, May 25, 1956, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Cemetery Funds Are Discussed," newspaper unknown, July 13, 1956, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Removal of Bodies Started at Cemetery," newspaper unknown, 1953, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Council OKs Share of Grave Cleanup Cost," newspaper unknown, May 30, 1956, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Oakwood Houser of Notable Names," newspaper unknown, February 25, 1973, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Vandals Make Frequent Raids on Cemetery," newspaper unknown, September 5, 1972, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Cleanup Asked for Cemeteries," newspaper unknown, July 23, 1973, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Grave Markers Tables of History," newspaper unknown, June 28, 1968, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Second Oldest Cemetery In City Raided by Ghouls," newspaper unknown, December 29, 1965, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "County Denies Payment On Grave Relocations," newspaper unknown, May 20, 1969, clipping, copy
      • Map of Oakwood Cemetery, includes handwritten notes
      • Newspaper: "'Historic' Tag for Oakwood Sought," newspaper unknown, June 28, 1966, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Intruders Again Hit Cemetery," newspaper unknown, November 11, 1976, clipping, copy
      • One page type up on John Peter Smith and a donation he made to Fort Worth
      • Copies of a cemetery book, pages 474-481
      • Copies of a genealogical book, pages 213-215, write up on "Captain William Quayle's Mounted Rifle Co., Tarrant County , TST"
      • Book: Memoirs of Tarrant County Confederate Veterans and Others in Post-War Period, pages 16-20, copies
      • Book: Texas Batteries, Battalions, Regiments, Commanders, and Field Officers  Confederate States Army  1861 - 1865, Compiled by Lester N. Fitzhugh, Mirror Press, Midlothian, Texas, 1959, only Introduction copied
      • Book: United Confederate Veterans  History and Roster of Officers and Members of R. E. Lee Camp  No. 158  and the Confederate Veterans of Tarrant County  Fort Worth, Texas by Dora Davenport Jones, "Part VIII  Confederate Burial Plot  City cemetery  East Oakwood," pages 260-275, copy
      • Newspaper: "History Text is Septuagenarian's Gift to County," Mid-Cities Daily News, August 17, 1978, clipping, original

    Censuses

    • Marine, Tarrant Co., Texas – 1900
      • 1900 United States Federal Census, copies
      • Typed up list of residents
      • Handwritten notes on census
    • Tarrant County, 1850
      • Book: The State of Texas Federal Population Schedules  Seventh Census of the United States  1850  Volume II, Transcribed by Mrs. V. K. Carpenter, Greenville, Mississippi, copyright 1969, Published by Century Enterprises, pages 652-661, copy
      • "Command - Fort Worth," typed up document on soldiers in Texas, "Ref: Seventh Census of the United States  1850 Census Tarrant County, Texas Free Schedule"

    Churches

    • Diamond Hill Baptist
      • Pamphlet: Directory of the Diamond Hill Baptist Church  Fort Worth, Texas  1924, Pastor: Rev. E. D. Reece, copy
      • Newsletter: Highlights: Diamond Hill Baptist Church, Leon McBeth - Interim Pastor, October 10, 1990
      • Pamphlet: Early Days, pages 6-13, copy
      • Book: Fort Worth City Guide, "Religion" pages 18199-18200, copy
      • Affidavit, Nannie Allen, pages 67-70, copy
      • "History of Diamond Hill Baptist Church," one page document, includes handwritten notes at bottom
      • Abstract of Title, 82 pages
    • Diamond Hill Church of Christ
      • Newspaper: "Diamond Hill Church of Christ Which Was Constructed in a Day," newspaper unknown, date unknown, includes photograph of church, clipping, copy
      • Photograph: Members of Diamond Hill Church of Christ," many men, women, and children outside the church, c. 1930s, 3 by 5 inches, black and white, original
      • Photograph: Outside of front of Diamond Hill Church of Christ, c. 1950s, 3 1/2 by 5 inches, black and white, original
      • Postcards: Front of Diamond Hill Church of Christ, two copies, one written on and mailed, one unused. Written one dated July 1956
      • Negatives:
        • Picture of first newspaper clipping mentioned with a photograph
        • Diamond Hill Church of Christ, two
        • Texaco Station with four men posing in front of store
      • Newspaper: "Religion: Church of Christ Started as Mission in 1892 at Jennings Avenue and Leuda St." Fort Worth Press, March 29, 1934, typed up article from a book, pages 241-251
      • Newsletter: Midtown Marchers, June 1968, two copies
    • Diamond Hill Methodist
      • Newspaper: "Methodist Church," Fort Worth Press, 1934, one page copy of typed up article
      • Copy of handwritten notes
      • Pamphlet: Three pages from church pamphlet, date unknown
      • Letter: From: Central Texas Conference  The United Methodist Church Commission on Archives and History, To: Janie Reed, August 14, 1989, reply to request for information on Diamond Hill Methodist in the year 1904

    City Directories

    • Directory of the City of Fort Worth Arranged and Prepared by Chas. J. Swasey and W. M. Melton, 1877
    • City Directory, North Fort Worth, 1907-1908
    • City Directory, North Fort Worth, 1907. Hand written copy from original
    • Fort Worth City Directories with excerpts that were related to North Fort Worth. 1882 - 1909 Red binder
    • Fort Worth City Directories with excerpts related to North Fort Worth
    • City Directory, North Fort Worth, 1904-1905
    • City Directory, North Fort Worth, 1905 - 1906
    • City Directory. North Fort Worth. Street Occupancy, 1909-1910
    • City Directory, North Fort Worth, Business section, 1907
    • Fort Worth, 1877

    Civic Organizations

    • North Side Improvement Club
      • Newspaper: "North Side Improvement Club with Three Hundred Hustling is Waging Active Campaign to Improve and Beautify Section, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, date unknown, copy

    Communities

    • Cold Springs and Cold Springs Road
      • Red folder full of information on Cold Springs and Cold Springs road including
        • Map: "Tarrant County From Navarro County 1849 Locations as of 1860"
        • Newspaper: "Purses Open for Bridge Over Trinity," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, October 1949
    • Fostepco Heights
      • Newspaper: Laminated originals of the following articles from Fort Worth Star-Telegram, c.1940s-1960s:
        • "Plans for Park to Be Pushed Tonight"
        • "School Patrons to Renew Row"
        • "Fostepco heights Baptist Church"
        • "Civic League Will Circulate Petitions"
        • "Fostepco Hts. Civic League to Hold Meeting
        • "Not Ready to Role on Fostepco School"
        • "Fostepco School Decision is Due"
        • "Argument on School Ends"
        • "Fostepco Heights to Talk School"
        • "Washington Heights Truce to be Sought"
        • "Controversy on School to be Discussed"
        • "North Side Leaguers Propose to Merge"
        • "Fostepco Heights to Get Frame Schools"
        • "School Site to be Topic Tomorrow"
        • "School Row is Not Near Over"
        • "School Closing Foes Organized"
        • "Other Bodies to Back Fostepco School Effort"
        • "School Site Deal Decided"
        • "Fostepco Heights League in Election"
        • "10 Seek School Post"
        • "Play Center Planned"
        • "Fostepco Heights Body Adopts Resolution"
        • "League to Meet"
        • "C. B. McCafferty"
        • "New Petition as to School is Presented"
        • "An Excuse for Mr. Hoover"
        • "School Patrons to Renew Row"
        • "Fostepco Gets Road Outlet"
        • "Three of Eight Recommended to be Closed"
        • "M'Cafferty is Motive Power in Civic League"
        • "Civic Leaders to Urge Road Extension"
        • "Would Make Big Affair of That New Year's Ball"
        • "North Side Library Fund Drive Opposed"
        • "Club to Raise Library Funds"
        • "Two More Groups Indorse Trinity Improvement Plans"
        • "N. Side Civic Plan Committee Named"
        • "Fostepco League to Meet Tonight"
        • "Official of Civic League Honored"
        • "Brick School Building Lost by Fostepco"
        • "Fostepco Heights League Elects McCafferty"
        • "Civic Group to Meet Monday"
        • "Fostepco Invites Merrett to Talk"
        • "Play Feature of Civic League Meet"
        • "County Officials Favor ____ of East Lancaster"
        • "River Pollution is Civic League Topic"
        • "To Support Bonds"
        • "Plans Ready for Highway Celebration"
        • "Civic League Elects in Fostepco Heights"
    • Niles City
      • Newspaper: "Officer W. O. Sparks," North Fort Worth News, May 30, 1957, photograph of Sparks in uniform, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Madam Mayor," newspaper unknown, date unknown, photograph included, clipping, copy
      • Letter: To: Janie Reid, From: Thomas W. Curter, letter enclosed with guidelines for the Texas State Historical Association
      • Letter: To: Texas State Historical Association, From: Janie Reid, asking for information on Niles City, Texas, February 27, 1985, included is a five page typed up document of Niles City
    • North Richland Hills
      • Booklet: North Richland Hills Texas: A Proud Heritage by Jane West Dunkelberg and Stephen Dunkelberg, edited by Lee Dunkelberg, A project of the North Richland Hills Sesquicentennial Committee, 1985
      • Newspaper: "Name Change's Chances Termed Too Close To Call," "Voting and Charter Set Tuesday," "Is There Richland in Them Thar Hills? Stay Tuned," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, November 4, 1987, clipping, copy

    Correspondence

    • Letter: Texas Historical Commission, includes copy of page 102 from the Bulletin of the United States Geological Survey No. 190, 1902, August 17, 1979
    • Letter: Congress of the United States, regarding Marine Creek, from Jim Wright, August 3, 1979
    • Letter: The Old Spaghetti Warehouse, October 20, 1978
    • Letter: Police Department of Fort Worth, regarding Niles City, March 11, 1976
    • Letter: Ripley's Believe it or Not, includes form for more information required to do research, May 7, 1979
    • Letter: North Texas State University, August 3, 1980
    • Letter: August 5, 1980, includes pages 657-659 from the book Memoirs of Georgia Vol. 1, The Southern Historical Association, 1895
    • Letter: General Land Office, September 20, 1979

    Waterways

    • Marine Creek
      • Sixteen page typed document titled "Marine Creek" by Janie Reid
      • Two scanned pages

    Crime

    • Coffey shooting/Cooper trial Newspaper Articles
      • "Coffey Killing Re-enacted by Defendant at Cooper Trial," newspaper unknown, January 26, 1917, copy
      • "Jury Acquits Cooper; Slain Man's Widow is Taken Ill," newspaper unknown, January 28, 1917, copy
      • "Cooper Acquitted of Murder Charge; Jury Out 2 Hours," newspaper unknown, date unknown, copy

    Education

    • Colored Schools
      • Letter: From Leon Mitchell Jr., to Mrs. Reid, regarding Marine Colored Schools, included is a one page copy from a book about Ninth Ward School in Arlington Heights, Afro-American Schools - Marine Dist. No. 21, March 30, 1991
      • "Opening of Sylvania - 1880," Commissioners Minute Book A, p. 265, June 14, 1880, copy, yellow and black
      • Map: Williams and Harrison's Addn to Fort Worth," Deed Book 678, p. 449, 8.4 acres, executed Dec. 20, 1920, filed January 6, 1921
      • "Ninth Ward District Colored School - 1909," includes list of teachers
      • Letter: From Leon Mitchell Jr., to Mrs. Reid, March 27, 1991
      • "Teachers at Marine and Diamond Hill Colored School 1904 - 1909"
      • Newspaper: "New Site for negro School on North Side," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Tuesday, February 6, 1912, col. 5, typed
      • Map: "Ninth District Ward Colored School No. 26, School No. G - Early Locations
      • Newspaper: "Sticktown fast Receding into a Fond Memory,"   Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Wednesday Morning, December 26, 1984, clipping, copy
    • Early Records
      • "Pupils Enrolled in All White Schools in Each District," Sept-Aug 1904-1905
      • "Annual Report of George D. Ramsey, County Superintendent of Public Transportation of Tarrant, for the year Beginning in September 1, 1907 and Ending August 31, 1908"
      • "Register of Teachers' Certificates," ranging from years 1894-98
      • "Teachers' Salaries," 1896
      • "Schools Officers Elections," 1885
      • "Recollections of Mrs. W. R. Payne, San Saba, concerning 'The Little Red School House'," three-page copy of a typed document
    • M. G. Ellis School
      • "M. G. Ellis School," National Register Department, Texas Historical Commission, Austin, Texas, various pages copied
      • Letter: From Alice Marie to Janie Reid concerning the above copies as well as pages included in the letter about the school
    • Marine School
      • Copy of Annual Report for the year Beginning September 1, 1906 and Ending August 31, 1907
      • Newspaper: "That's All There Were - There Weren't Any More at North Side Hi in 1899," newspaper unknown, date unknown, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "In Old Fort Worth: 1892 School: 3 R's and Grass Burrs," newspaper unknown, date unknown, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Here's a Class From 'Little Old Marine School'," newspaper unknown, date unknown, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "They Taught Out at Old North Side School," newspaper unknown, date unknown, clipping, copy
      • "First School of 1892 Still Stands Here," Fort Worth Press, December 18, 1987, clipping, copy
      • Copy of "Treasurer of County School Funds," 1902
      • "Here Are the Pupils of Old Marine School Back in 1894," newspaper unknown, date unknown, clipping, copy
      • Map: Marine School No. 1, North Fort Worth
      • Copies of a book from pages 167-171, 260-262, unable to read
      • Minutes Commissioners' Court, copy
      • Handwritten notes
    • North Fort Worth (1909- 1913)
      • "Manual  Fort Worth Public School  September 1909," copy
      • Newspaper: "Special School Tax," Fort Worth Record, March 4, 1906, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Nearly $10,000 For School Fund,"  Fort Worth Telegram, March 4, 1906, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Annual Report of Schools of County," Fort Worth Record, September , 1905, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "North Fort Worth," Fort Worth Record, February 16, 1906, page 4, column 6, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "North Fort Worth," Fort Worth Record, March 12, 1906, page 3, column 3, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Pupils Enter New School," Fort Worth Telegram, March 13, 1906, page 2, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "In the New School," Fort Worth Record, March 14, 1906, page 4, column 7, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "North Fort Worth," Fort Worth Record, January 13, 1906, page 4, column 7, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "North Fort Worth," Fort Worth Record, January 14, 1906, page 5, column 7, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Budget of News in North Ft. Worth," Fort Worth Press, July 21, 1905, page 7, column 1, clipping, copy
      • Typed page titled "Marine School District - Petition to change School District Lines - August 17, 1900  Commissioners Court Record Tarrant County, Vol. 15, Pg. 207"
      • Book: various pages copied from  Fort Worth Architecture: A History and Guide 1873-1933 by Michael C. Hoffmeyer, The University of Texas at Arlington, May 1980
      • "Charter of the City of Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, As Passed by the 31st Legislature  1909," typed document
      • Marine School District No. 21, 1892-1893, copy
      • Handwritten notes
      • Map: Block 216, North Fort Worth Townsite Company
      • Letter: From Leon Mitchell Jr., To Mrs. Janie Reid
      • Letter: Texas State Library
      • Treasurer's Annual Statement of School Funds . . . 1904-05, in State Archives File Box, "Expenditures in marine School District No. 21"
      • Letter: Leon Mitchell Jr., August 15, 1986
    • Odum School District
      • Copy of Odum School District No. 22 handwritten documents from 1884
    • Riverside ISD
      • Copy of Riverside School District No. 43, money disbursements
      • Newspaper: "A Lot for the Money," newspaper unknown, 1951-1981, 1935 annual
    • Rosen Heights ISD
      • "Fish Creek Bridge Contract," copy
    • Revised State Statutes, c. 1879
    • State Statutes on Education, 1883
    • State Statutes on Education, Fort Worth, 1889
    • Texas Scholastics, 1855, Tarrant County
    • Washington Heights
      • The Riata, Washington Heights Yearbook, 1920, copy in a blue folder
      • Minutes of the District court 48th Judicial District of Texas
      • Washington heights, Colored, 1911-1912, typed document
      • Minutes of Commissioners Court, Book 18, page 273, 278-279, Book 220, page 425-428, Book 29, page 548, 551
    • White Settlement
      • Book: Echoes of Yesterday: The History of White Settlement Schools compiled in the interest of preserving the past for the future, by Betty McCrary Dickey, White Settlement, Texas, 1990, pages 3-31, 163-164, copies
    • 1906, Boundaries for Schools

    Events

    • Circuses and Wild West Shows
      • Newspaper: "Roping Contest is Well Attended," Fort Worth Telegram, March 22, 1905, page 7, copy
      • Newspaper: "Roping and Riding Contest at Haines' Park Today at 2 P. M.," Fort Worth Record, March 23, 1905, copy
      • Newspaper: "Floto Shows Open 1905 Season Here; Immense Crowd Sees Morning Parade and First Afternoon Performance," Fort Worth Telegram, March 22, 1905, typed
      • Newspaper: "Floto's Show," Fort Worth Record, March 23, 1905, copy
      • Newspaper: "Circus Parade Today," Fort Worth Record, March 22, 1905, copy
      • Newspaper: "Great Floto Show," Fort Worth Record, March 20, 1905, copy
      • Newspaper: "Barnum-Bailey Greatest Show on Earth," advertisement, newspaper unknown, October 1, 1905, copy
      • Newspaper: "Biggest Show on Earth in This Town Yesterday," The Gazette, October 9, 1895, copy
      • Newspaper: "Arrived  The Greatest Show on Earth is in Town," The Gazette, October 8, 1895, copy
      • Newspaper: "Buffalo Bill With His Favorite Horse," Fort Worth Record, October 18, 1915, copy
      • Newspaper: "Sells-Floto Circus and Menagerie; Buffalo Bill's Original Wild West," Fort Worth Record, October 10, 1915, copy
      • Newspaper: "Sells-Floto Circus and Buffalo Bill's Wild West; Many Rare Features at Parade and Two Performances," Fort Worth Record, Sunday Morning, October 17, 1915, copy
      • Newspaper: "Buffalo Bill and the Queen," Fort Worth Star-Telegram: The Parade, September 4, 1983, original
    • Old Settlers Reunion, 1904
      • Newspaper: "Old Settlers, Plans to be Complete Next Week for Annual Reunion, Which will be Held Third Week in September," Fort Worth Telegram, September 3, 1905, page 2, copy
      • Newspaper: "North Side and Rosen Heights," newspaper unknown, September 2, 1904, page 2, copy
      • Newspaper: "Third Day at the Confederate Park," The Fort Worth Record, Thursday, August 25, 1904, copy
      • Newspaper: "Names of Counties," Fort Worth Telegram, August 2, 1904, page 6,
        copy
    • Stock Shows, Sham Battles, performances
      • Newspaper: "Hereford Bull to Lead Parade of Prize Winners," newspaper unknown, March 16, 1908, page 1, column five, copy
      • Newspaper: "Big Sham Battle Monday Night's Card," Fort Worth Record, March 15th, 1908, Part 1, typed
      • Newspaper: "Eight Companies in Sham Battle; Veterans' Fight-Plans Carefully Arranged for Coliseum War - New Gettysburg After Drills Exhibition in Tactics Will Be Given For the Benefit of Spectators - Fire 7,500 Shots - Pretty Girls Who Are Chosen As Sponsors Will Have Prominent Positions," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, March 15, 1908, page 1, column 4, typed
      • Newspaper: "Hereford Bull to Lead Parade of Prize Winners; All Champions to be Seen in One Grand Display - On Military Day - Old Confederates Ready for Sham battle with Buttons and Muskets - Creswell Winner - Judge W. J. Kennedy Awards Prize to Texas Stallion - Other Awards Made," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, March 16, 1908, page 1, column 5, typed
      • Newspaper: "Sham Battle Huge Success - Seven Military Companies Participate in Spectacular Event at Show Grounds - Veterans Victorious - Grizzled Warriors in Gray Lead Successful Charge - Eight Thousand People - Banner Crowd of Fat Stock Show Sees Last Night's Exhibition Spectacular Drills," Fort Worth Record, Tuesday Morning, March 17, 1908, page 7, typed
      • Newspaper: "Vets March Their Way Into Hearts of Great Audience at Show," newspaper unknown, March 14, 1909, copy
      • Newspaper: "Vets Prepare for Stock Show," Fort Worth Record, March 7, 1909, copy
      • Newspaper: "Bovinian Rangers Plan to Make Merry at Stock Show," Fort Worth Telegram, March 8, 1908, copy
      • Newspaper: "Brilliant Lights for Fort Worth During Big Show," The Fort Worth Telegram, March 9, 1908, copy
      • Newspaper: "Bovinians Planning Novel Stunts for Saturday Night," Fort Worth Telegram, March 9, 1909, copy
      • Newspaper: "Merchants Join to Make City Blaze of Light," The Fort Worth Telegram, March 5, 1908, copy
      • Newspaper: "Record Show of Fat Stock," The Fort Worth Telegram, March 8, 1908, copy
      • Newspaper: "At the Big Show," The Fort Worth Telegram, Morning, March 15, 1908, morning, copy
      • Newspaper: "Swift Cup on Way," Fort Worth Telegram, March 8, 1908, copy

    Federal Writers Project

    • Indexes: pages 58, 214, 349, 421, 422, 499, various other pages with pen markings
    • Indian References in Area
      • Miscellaneous copies of documents, Fort Worth City Guide and The First Ten White Women in Fort Worth
      • "Date of Historical Points" by James Terry, 81 years old -- Bennett Street, copies from a book
      • Newspaper: "Teepees Atop Possum Ridge," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday's Edition, 100th Year Historical Section, October 30, 1949, page 14, typed on lined paper
    • North Side Tour
      • Copies from Fort Worth City Guide , Points of Interest, pages 20703-20740, 18572-18580, 18815-18817, 20696-20699, 20679-20686, 16531-16539

    Fire Departments

    • Newspaper: "Fireman Leaders in Civic Beauty Contest," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday, December 15, 1913

    Floods

    • April 1922
      • Newspaper: "Trinity Rising Four Hour at Bridgeport," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, April 25, 1922, typed
    • April 1942
      • Newspaper: "Where Winding Stream menaces North Side Business, Residential Areas," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, date unknown, copy
      • Newspaper: "Even Floods Have Funny Side; Mouse Runs up Leg of Newspaper Photographer," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, April 20, 1942, Monday, typed
      • Newspaper: "Raging Waters in North Side's Landmarks Spinning," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Morning Addition, Tuesday, April 21, 1942, page 1, column 7, typed
      • Newspaper: "Repairs in Flood Area May Cost City $100,000 - Many Firms Undecided on Future," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Morning Addition, Wednesday, April 22, 1942, page 1, typed
      • Newspaper: "New Flood Threat Breaks up Flood Control Meeting," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Friday, April 24, 1942, typed
      • Newspaper: "Removal of North Side Flood Hazard Called Too Costly," Fort Worth Press, page 1, April 22, 1942, typed
      • Newspaper: "WPA Workers May Help in Flood Salvage," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Wednesday, April 22, 1942, typed
      • Newspaper: "Food Salvage Job Under Way," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Evening, April 20, 1942, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Flash Flood Hits North Side - damage Is Estimated at $500,000 - Reports That Two Men Disappeared in Wall of Water Are Being Checked - North Main Exchange Ave. Area Engulfed Suddenly By Marine Creek Overflow," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Morning Addition, Monday, April 20, 1942, typed
      • Handwritten notes
      • Newspaper: "11 Jailed For Looting In Flooded North Side Area," Fort Worth Press, April 20, 1942, typed
      • Newspaper: Random articles from Fort Worth Press about the flood from the date April 23, 1942

    Fort Worth

    • City Charter, 1906, Fort Worth City Guide, page 167-168

    Fraternal Organizations

    • Scottish Rite
      • Various originals of the newsletter Double Eagle Digest

    Genealogy

    • Notepad of genealogical notes of donor
    • Letter: From Betty Starnes to Janie Reid, includes death certificate for Mary Price of Glory, Texas, Marriage License for L. B. Price and Mary Grammer, various family trees dealing with Price, August 1, 1986
    • Letter: Marion County Historical Commission, including 1870 Marion County Census on the Beard Family and page 131 of The Handbook of Texas Volume 1, A Dictionary of Essential Information, the Texas State Historical Association
    • Letter: From Mary Palmer, family records on Colonel William Whitley, March 27, 1984
    • Documents: Received through the mail, Latter-Day Saints hand-copied notes from Edwin Stephenson to Janie Reid, July 14, 1990
    • Letter: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, photo duplication order, William Stephenson documents, two from LDS church
    • Letter: From A. Maxim Coppage to Janie Reid, documents pertaining to Stephens-Stevenson, Summer 1981
    • Handwritten notes
    • Letter: From Tommy Stephenson to Janie Reid, discussing George Alexander Stephenson of Lamar County, Texas, December 31, 1982
    • Letter: From Opal Moore to Janie, November 20, 1980
    • Letter: From Janie to Opal January 16, 1983
    • Blank 1850 Census copies
    • William Whitley information
    • Book: A History of the Pioneer Families of Missouri by Bryant Rose, page 275-276, paragraph written on Nicholas H. Stephenson of Kentucky, copy
    • Obituary: Reverend W. R. Parker, aged 64 years old
    • Letter: From T. F. Larkin to Janie Reid, miscellaneous newspaper articles, copies, from 1893-1895, letter to Larkin, information on Wheats
    • Letter: From Betty Starnes to Janie Reid, hand-copied Sequatchie County by Henry R. Camps, pages 19-22
    • Photographs: Six 3 by 4 7/8 inches photographs of old pictures taken, no names or dates given
    • Letter: From Mary Palmer to Janie Reid, February 15, 1984
    • Letter: Brief History of the Stephenson family, four pages, from Edwin Stephenson, July 13, 1980
    • Letter: From betty Starnes to Janie Reid, 1880 census copies, handwritten Stone Cemetery notes, July 14, 1987
    • Various Stinson family documents

    Government

    • Fort Worth, City Charter and Revised Ordinances, 1909
      North Fort Worth, HB 524, to Incorporate
      • Minutes Commissioners' Court, no date
      • Copies of a Bill pages 4-81

    Historical Commission

    • Tarrant County Historical Commission July 15, 1981 Meeting
    • Cemetery Fund Resource development Pre-plan
    • "Planning for the Acquisition and rehabilitation of Certified Historic Structures," by John D. Hutchinson, Attorney
    • Blank Application Form For Official Texas Historical Marker
    • Flyer: Battle of Ben McCullough, July 18th and 19th 1981 at Joe Wheeler Park
    • Invitation to "formal dedication of an official Texas Historical Marker honoring John Peter Smith," September 10, 1981
    • Letter: To Palo Pinto, Parker, Wise County Historical Commissioners, from Duane Gage, July 7, 1981
    • Planned Program of Work for 1985
    • Tarrant County Historical Commission 1987-1988 Members
    • Minutes - January 25, 1989
    • Bylaws of the Tarrant County Historical Commission
    • Tarrant County Historical Commission; 1986 Committees, Members
    • Standing Rules of the Tarrant County Historical Commission

    Historical Societies - North Fort Worth

    • Newsletter: The Urban Pioneer: Inner-City Revitalization Rebirth and Restoration, July 28, 1978
    • Letter: From Gordon Kelley
    • Newspaper: "Who Won? Don't Be Asking," newspaper unknown, September 14, year unknown, clipping, original
    • Newspaper/Letter: "Fort Worth Native Named to Head Major Magazines," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday, October 9, 1977, copy, written on back is letter to Janie from Brenda K.
    • Southern Historical Press: Publishers, 1977-1978 Supplementary Catalog
    • Blank form for North Side Fort Worth Historical Survey
    • Newspaper: "Arts, Crafts Fair Slated Sept. 24," newspaper unknown, date unknown, clipping, original
    • Blank Agreement form
    • Letter: From Alice Marie Lewis to North Fort Worth Historical Society, January 5, 1979
    • Pamphlet: The North Fort Worth Historical Society "Barn Party," Friday, October 20, 1978
    • Newspaper: "Potential Danger," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Evening, January 20, 1979, clipping, original
    • Newspaper: "FW Man 'Ices' Marathon," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, date unknown, clipping, original
    • Newspaper: Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday, February 18, 1979
    • Workshop Summary, January 27, 1979, page 30
    • Newspaper: newspaper unknown, date unknown, clipping, original
    • Jim Wright Barn Party R.S.V.P.s
    • Jim Wright Barn Party Telephoned but Could Not Make It
    • Various letters from Gordon Kelley
    • Letter: Thank You card to Mr. McCafferty from Pre-Kindergarten Class of George C. Clarke Elementary School, March 4, 1980
    • Newsletter: North Fort Worth, Urban Pioneering, typed  pages by Brenda K.
    • Financial History of the North Fort Worth Historical Society
    • "Political Intelligence" article, December 1, 1978, photo of Jim and Betty Wright, copied
    • "Remarks of Congressman Jim Wright  Groundbreaking for North Side Restoration Project  Friday, July 19, 1974"
    • "Barn Party" Invitation, no postmark or date
    • October 20, 1978, Working Agenda
    • Newsletter: The Committee for an Artists' Center, October 6, 1978
    • Newsletter: The Committee for an Artists'' Center, October 15, 1978
    • Memo from Consulate General of Israel, Houston
    • Newspaper: "New Officers," newspaper unknown, date unknown, clipping, original
    • "Barn Party" sign in sheet, copy
    • Letter: North Fort Worth Historical Society, March 3, 1979
    • Drawing: "Cowtown Hoedown," date and artist unknown
    • "'Cowtown Hoedown' Sanctioned Event by USGF, Tandy center, Texas"
    • Agenda for North Fort Worth Historical Society, March 9, 1979
    • Letter: To North Fort Worth Supporter, from Gordon Kelley
    • Historical Society information
    • Working Agenda for October 20, 1978
    • Contributors for Barn Party for Jim Wright
    • Inventory and Adaptive Reuse Project Recap Sheet
    • Newspaper: "Wright Due Salute at North Fort Worth Party," The Observer, October 19, 1978, clipping, original
    • Newspaper: "Chamber has Round-Up Forms," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Tuesday Evening, May 20, 1980, clipping, original
    • Newspaper: "Stockyards Chronicle," newspaper unknown, August 31, 1976, clipping, original, taped to bottom is "Equal, uh - Animals?." newspaper unknown, August 15, 1976, clipping, original
    • Newspaper: "Observations," The Observer , Thursday, September 28, 1978, clipping, original
    • Newspaper: "Jim Wright to be Honored at North Side Barn Party," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Thursday Morning, October 19, 1978, clipping, original
    • Newspaper: "Tarrant County Notebook," The News-Tribune, October 6, 1978, clipping, original
    • Newspaper: "Datebook," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, October 18, 1978, clipping, original
    • Newspaper: "Residents Seeking to Preserve City Heritage," newspaper unknown, date unknown, clipping, original
    • Newspaper: "Name Droppers," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Thursday Morning, October 19, 1978, clipping, original
    • Newspaper: The Observer, Thursday, September 28, 1978, front page
    • Newspaper: "Local/Classified," Saturday Star-Telegram, October 21, 1978, Section C, original
    • Newspaper: "N. FW Pioneer Days Will Open Thursday," newspaper unknown, September, 19, 1976, clipping, original
    • Newsletter: The Urban Pioneers, draft, no date
    • Financial Report Letter
    • Newsletter: The Fort Worth Historical Society Roundup, December 1982

    Research

    • Booklet: The Role of Local History by James C. Olson, 1965, American Association for State and Local History, copy
    • Early Fort Notes, 1849
      • Copy notes from a book on establishment of Camp Worth
      • Book: Military Orders and Correspondence , pages 238-247, copies
      • Letter: War Department letter including map, dated 1853, copies
      • "The Army War College  Fort Humphreys  Washington, D. C.," April 25, 1939, typed letter, copy from book, pages 92-9 - 109-9
      • Newspaper: "Survivors Told of Ft. Worth Battle," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, October 1949, copy
      • Records of the War Department, Rough plan for Fort Worth, Texas, copies
      • Maps: copies of hand-drawn maps for the plans of Fort Worth
      • Newspaper: "Early Annals of Military Post of Fort Worth Dating Back Almost Century in Washington Files," newspaper unknown, December 25, 1937, copy
      • Newspaper: "Romance, Early Ku Klux Klan and Indian Stories Features of Early Days as Recorded in peak's History," newspaper unknown, date unknown, copy
      • Newspaper: "Fort Worth named for General Who Put U.S. Flag on Rio Grande," newspaper unknown, February 11, 1936, copy
      • Newspaper: "Death of Gallant Soldier and Birth of a Bustling City Link Fort Worth and N. Y. County in Double Celebration," newspaper unknown, date unknown, clippings, copies
      • Newspaper: Historical - Fort Worth Star-Telegram, page 3, Sunday, October 30, 1949, original
      • Copy of 1850 census for Tarrant County, many markings
      • Fort Worth City Guide, page 198-1, copy
      • "Peter's Colony," description of Texas, from Fort Worth Press, 1936, typed
      • Newspaper: "Guide Gives Description of Texas," Fort Worth Press, 1936, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Wild and beautiful Country Inhabited Only by Indians," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, October 1949, clipping, copy
    • Cattle Trails
      • Newspaper: "G. W. Saunders, Here, Speaks of Early Incidents of Cattle Trails," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, June 26, 1930, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Picnic Guests Hear Tales of Old Trail Days," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, 1931, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Recently Developed Trail Drivers' Park Like Gem in Appropriate Setting," newspaper unknown, May 1960, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Trail Drivers Park Site of Cattle Drives," newspaper unknown, Thursday, May 12, 1960, clipping, copy
      • Chisholm Trail
        • Chisholm Trail and Wise County Historical Society, Inc.
        • Handwritten notes on yellow paper
        • Three-page write up/outline by George W. Saunders' great-great niece, Mrs. Jim Calhoun, Jane Venita Saunders Calhoun, June 1978
        • Letter: from G. W. Saunders, July 14, 1932, copy
        • "The Old Cattle Trail" by Howard W. Peak, one page write up, copy
        • Newspaper: "Affords One of Most Beautiful Views of City's Skyline," photograph/painting, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, March 12, 1939, copy
        • Newspaper: "Trail Drive," photograph, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Historical Edition, Sunday, October 30, 1949, clipping, original
        • Handwritten notes on white people
        • Fort Worth Population information
        • Three-page write up titled "Cattle Trail"
        • Fort Worth City Guide, random pages copied throughout file
        • Newspaper: "Travel Drivers' Park," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, December 31, 1937, typed
        • Newspaper: "Eastern Trail, Not Chisholm, Ran Through Fort Worth to Railheads," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Historical Edition, Sunday, October 30, 1949, clipping, original
        • Newspaper: "The Trail Hands Linked 'Cowtown'," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Historical Edition, Sunday, October 30, 1949, clipping, original
        • Newspaper: "Cattle Industry Started With the Texas Longhorn," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Historical Edition, Sunday, October 30, 1949, clipping, original
        • Booklet: "Old Trail Drivers' Park," booklet unknown, copy, pages 39-40
        • Newspaper: "Up the Chisholm Trail," In Old Fort Worth, 1985, copy
        • Book: A Ranger of Commerce or 52 Years on the Road by Howard W. Peak, The Naylor Company, San Antonio, Texas, 1929, copies, pages 204-207
        • Maps: various copies of maps from book that include trails
        • Newspaper: "Chisholm Trail Roundup to Celebrate Vital Part of FW History," The Sunday Observer, April 24, 1977, clipping, copy
        • Newspaper: "Chisholm Trail Saved Fort Worth," The Observer, May 26, 1977, clipping, copy
        • Pamphlet: Long map of Chisholm Trail with information as well
        • Hand-drawn map with plot information highlighted
        • Pamphlet: Chisholm Trail Historical Museum, Waurika, Oklahoma, Oklahoma Historical Society
    • Early Landowners - subject files on the following:
      • Daggett, C. B.
      • Fort Worth Stockyards
      • Fowler, H. B.
      • Hendricks, H. G.
      • Klebold, William
      • McGovern, Peter
      • Mitchell, Eli M.
      • Niles City Hall Lot
      • Skinner, W. H.
      • Slaughtering House
      • Smith Survey, S. K.
      • Terry, Nathaniel
      • Turner, Charles
      • Walker, William Glen
      • Wheat, William W.
    • Fort Worth – General
      • "First White Child Born in City Limits in May 1849," two-page typed write document
      • "Fort Worth in 1849," copy of newspaper, photograph/drawing and paragraph
      • "Camp Worth" five-page typed document about history
      • "County Boundaries-Title XXIII.," page 160 out of book
      • Handwritten notes
      • "Notes taken from the Charles Mitchell Scrapbook, property of Mrs. Casebold, daughter of Mitchell," two-page typed document
      • One-page typed document on Major Ripley Arnold
      • "Streets - Old City Directory," 1890, 1892-1893, 1894-1895, 1920
      • Fort Worth City Guide, pages 193-9 - 199-9, 52-1 - 53-1, copies
      • Many newspaper articles on Fort Worth History
      • Book: Fort Worth: A Cowtown Success  It's Stockyards and Packing Industries, 1870-1903 by Celeste Ward, typed document, 27 pages, page 19 missing
      • "Camp Worth" manuscript
      • Newspaper: Fort Worth Daily Gazette, two articles
    • Mary Daggett Lake Columns
    • North Side
      • Photographs: two 8" x 10" black and white photographs of 1950 and 1953 Stephenson-Kilgore Family Reunions
      • Map: copied map of Fort Worth Transit Company
      • Handwritten notes
      • Pamphlet: Map of Texas in 1846, color
      • Concept Plan Area Detail of Niles City
      • Assessor's Abstract of Rural Property
      • Fort Worth Weekly Gazette, 1889 articles, typed
      • Three-page typed document on History of North Side
      • Tarrant County Historic Resources Survey: Phase V: Fort Worth's Near
        North Side. Principal Findings and Resource Characteristics. Historic Preservation Council for Tarrant County. Page, Anderson, and Turnbull, Inc, August 1986, copy
    • Peter's Colony
      • Newspaper: "Much History Revolved Around Peter's Colony," The Herald, December 4, 1963, copy and original
      • Handwritten notes on list of people
      • Book: The Final Settlement, Chapter XIV, pages 152-155, pages 124-127, copies
      • Glossary, copy
      • The Peters Colony of Texas by Seymour V. Connor, Biographical Sketches, 70 pages, typed, marked
    • Stock Show and Stockyards
      • Fort Worth Register, Thursday, June 3, 1897, October 8, 1897, typed and copied
      • Various Newspaper Articles on Stock Shows
      • Oral History: Written by W. H. Barse, Jr., 1977, Marie Autry, Interviewer
    •  
      • Newspaper: "100 Years Ago Today: Soldier Punished After Pig is Stolen,"  Fort Worth Star-Telegram, numerous copies of various dates
      • Col. Nathaniel Terry - settler information
      • "City of North Fort Worth Was Born in 1903", by Mr. and Mrs. Oliver Shannon, Typed copy, two pages
      •  
        1. May 25, 1887, "Early History"
        2. September 6, 1889, "Some History"

    Houses

    • Newspaper: "Restoration Project Hits Close to Home," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, November 21, 1981, copy
    • Outlaw House
      • Photograph: 3 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches, black and white, original, image of the Outlaw House (204 W. Central, Fort Worth) with man on top front porch (image shown)
      • Letter: From Shaddox to Janie Reid
      • Fort Worth Magazine, article, August 1985
      • Copy of Warranty Deeds at various times
      • Birth Record for Malcolm Nathaniel Outlaw, b. 1895
      • Photographs: 3 1/2 by 3 inches, color photographs, car in front of house, c. 1970s
      • Photograph: 8 by 10 inches, black and white, larger copy of photo of the house with man on top front porch
      • One-page write up on John Calhoun Outlaw
      • Notes written on manila envelope
    • Newspaper: "The Rebirth of Ross Mansion," Saturday Star-Telegram, Home/Living Section, January 30, 1982, copy, photograph of house

    Police Stations

    • North Fort Worth Sunday News, December 18, 1921
    • Newspaper: North Fort Worth News, January 4, 1952, original, copies included in folder
    • Newspaper: "North Side Site is Yet to be Selected," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, February 19, 1911, photographs, copies and typed

    Libraries

    • Diamond Hill/Jarvis Library
      • Program: Diamond Hill/ Jarvis Branch Library, Fort Worth Public Library Dedication and Opening Ceremonies, Saturday, August 12, 1989, 10:00AM
      • Newspaper: "A Celebration By The Book," Fort Worth Star- Telegram, Sunday, August 13, 1989, clipping, original
      • Newspaper: "North Side Branch Library to Open," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, August 11, 1989, clipping, original
      • Invitation: Opening Ceremonies of Diamond Hill/Jarvis Library, to Janie Reid
      • Newspaper: "Architects Unveil Diamond Hill/Jarvis Library Plan," Real Estate News/Fort Worth News-Tribune , November 20, 1987, clipping, original
      • Pamphlet: Diamond Hill/Jarvis booklet style pamphlet on the library
      • Newspaper: "Works to Begin Next Spring on New North Side Library," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Wednesday A.M., November 18, 1987, clipping, original

    Maps

    • North Fort Worth
      • Various sized and scaled maps of North Fort Worth and Greater Fort Worth
      • Fort Worth Union Stockyards Map, 18 1/4 by 16 1/2 inches, color and numbered
      • One-page document titled "Until 1888, the North Side was green valley, fertile and sparsely populated," typed
    • North Side
      • Various maps of North Side, come including hand-drawn roads and such, all copies
    • Stockyards
      • Various Copies of maps in and around the Stockyards
    • Tarrant County
      • Various copied maps, some hand-drawn, of Tarrant County in general
      • Letter: From Library of Congress to Janie Reid, April 25, 1980
      • Letter: From General Services Administration, National Archives and Records Service, March 17, 1980
      • General Land Office papers, dated September 18, 1979 and November 21, 1980
    • Texas
      • Large map of Texas and Indian Territory, Rand, McNally and Co.'s, 1876, copy
      • Map of Physiography of Texas, copy, black and white

    Markers

    • Heritage Trail Dedication, May 25, 1985
    • Stockyards
      • 27 by 42 inches Official Texas Historical Marker, Tarrant County, March 25, 1969, on the yard of the Courthouse, typed up document
      • Texas Historical Commission Staff, October 22, 1980, Revised December 4, 1980
      • Texas Historical Commission Staff, December 19, 1983
      • "Fort Worth Stock Yards Entrance Sign and Columns" by Sue McCafferty and Janie Reid, typed, seven-page write up on Stock Yards
      • Various letters to and from Sue McCafferty and Duane Gage
      • Newspaper: "The Day They Opened The Texas," Fort Worth News-Tribune, In Old Fort Worth Section, October 19, 1984, page 5B, copy
      • Application Form For Official Texas Historical Marker

    National Register

    • Various articles, tax information
    • Samuels Avenue area - various information, National Park Service documents

    Neighborhoods

    • Diamond Hill - various maps of the neighborhood, some including land lot
    • Fostepco Heights
      • Three-page typed document titled "Fostepco Heights Addition to North Fort Worth" by W. C. Stripling
      • Seven-page typed document titled "Speed on Fostepco School is Sought by Civic League, no author
      • Newspaper: "Groups Add Support to Show Bonds" and "Heights Civic League Meets at Church Here," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, c. 1940s, clipping, original
    • Rosen Heights - green folder titled "Rosen Heights Data"
    • Samuels Avenue - newspaper articles, maps, write ups, handwritten notes

    Newspapers

    • Fort Worth Mail Telegram, 1896 historical edition
    • Reporter Publishing Co
    • Fort Worth Press, January 11, 1936
    • North Fort Worth News, various clippings
    • Stockyards Chatter
    • Texas National Dispatch

    Obituaries

    • McCart Sr., Robert
    • Renfro, E. T.
    • Robertson, Louis
    • Sansom, Marion

    Oral History

    • Brochure: The Texas Oral History Association, founded 1982
    • Pamphlet: Regional Historical Resource Depositories and Local Records Division - General Information
    • Texas Sesquicentennial Oral History Workshop, February 16, 1985, includes the following documents:
      • blank registration forms
      • interviewing tips
      • workshop faculty
      • private funding for oral history
      • transcribing
      • equipment considerations
      • ethical and legal considerations
      • reaching the public
      • interviewee form
      • oral history publications

    Parks and Post Offices

    • Newspaper: "Horse and Buffy Echoes: Fort Worth parks Linked with City's Early History," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, July 24, 1949, clipping, copy
    • Newspaper: "'Full of Pep' Club Aids Elephant Fund," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, June 18, 1923, clipping, copy
    • Newspaper: "City Swimming Pools are Open Again," The News, Friday, September 7, 1951
    • Newspaper: "Color, Romance of Past Day Uncovered As Workmen Dig Into Bluff Park," newspaper unknown, date unknown
    • Diamond Hill Recreation Center and Park
      • Letter: Federal Housing Administration
      • Letter: Park and Recreation Board, various dates
      • Informal Report To City Council Members, No. 1014, July 29, 1966
      • Newspaper: "What About Parks?," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, February 22, 1955
      • Letter: Congress of the United States House of Representatives, various dates
      • Newspaper: "Parks Plan to Expand Approved," Fort Worth Star-Telegram , September 19, 1964, Section 1, page 12, clipping, copy
    • Trail Drivers Park
      • Newspaper: "Recently Developed Trail Drivers' Park Like Gem in Appropriate Setting," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday, March 12, 1939, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Picnic Guests Hear Tales of Old Trail Days," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, 1939, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "North Side Has Only Park Honoring Trail Drivers," North Fort Worth News, Friday, November 27, 1953, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Trail Delivers Monument is Being Talked," newspaper unknown, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Diamond Hill Park Acquired by City, named in Honor of Trail Drivers," Fort Worth Press, Wednesday, December 12, 1928, clipping, copy
      • "Parks Provide Year Round Recreation," magazine unknown, date unknown, page 71, copy
      • Newspaper: "Parks for Diamond Hill Won by Civic League," newspaper unknown, 1949, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Growth Shown on Projects Despite Setback," newspaper unknown, April, 21, 1929, clipping, copy
      • Various newspaper articles from 1937, clippings, copies
      • Newspaper: "Park System Made Start Here in 1892," newspaper unknown, date unknown, date unknown, clipping, copy
      • "Trail Drivers' Park," four-paged typed document, reference: manuscript of Radio Talk of Margaret McLean, October 30, 1937, KTAT - 9:00PM
      • Booklet: "Don Historic Trails of Fort Worth and Tarrant County" by the Arlington Heights Junior Historian, edited by Kathryn Garrett and Mary Daggett Lake, 1949, copy
      • City of Fort Worth School District information
      • Handwritten notes
      • Typed pages
      • Letter: From David Nivens to Janie Reid, February 11, 1983
      • Letter: From Dan Utley to Duane Gage, June 12, 1982, mailed to Janie Reid, copy
      • Letter: From Tom Hudgins to Janie Reid
      • Pamphlet: "Art School" - Sapulpa WPA Art Center
      • Meeting Minutes of various organizations, various dates, typed on lined notebook paper and copied from books
      • Newspaper: "North Side has Only Park Honoring Trail Drivers," North Fort Worth News, November 27, 1953, by Mary Daggett Lake, typed
      • Newspaper: "Parks For Diamond Hill Won by Civic League," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday, October, 1949, typed
      • "Trail Drivers' Park" researched by Ruth Reiter Stone, 11-page typed document
      • "Trail Drivers' Park - Only Park in the World Dedicated to the Old Trail Drivers," one-page typed document, c. 1900s, original
    • Will Rogers Memorial Park, proposed
      • Newspaper: Various newspaper clippings, originals, newspapers unknown, dates unknown
      • Minutes of the Meetings of the Board of Park Commissioners, February 5th, 19th, and April 2nd, 1935, copies
    • Marine Post Office
      • Post Office Department, November 22, 1894, copy
      • Letter: General Services Administration, National Archives and Records Service, March 13, 1980

    Roads and Railroads

    •  
      • General
        • Handwritten notes
      • Commissioner Courts minutes
        • February 10, 1904
        • 1880
        • Monday, June 19, 1876
        • February 15, 1878
        • August 12, 1878
        • August 13, 1878
        • August 18, 1905
        • July 10, 1895
      • Decatur Avenue
        • Anderson Survey, date unknown
        • "Decatur Read," Vol. 70, pages 611-613
        • Information about Denton Road
        • Fort Worth and Tarrant County Land Title Office
        • Typed page of street locations
        • Map: Copied
        • Newspaper: "Upgrading Old Decatur Road on Track After Obstacle Removed," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, date unknown, includes map, clipping, copy
        • Handwritten notes
      • Exchange Avenue
        • Joseph B. Googins to Sam Rosen, November 13, 1903, record, copy
        • Fort Worth City Guide, pages 14662-14663
        • Map: E. Exchange Avenue and N. Main, copy
        • "North Side Street Repaved," Fort Worth Star-Telegram , September 10, 1976, clipping, copy
        • Old Stock yards Hotel and Exchange, January 10, 1902, March 23, 1902, April 3, 1902, February 19, 1902, February 20, 1902, April 12, 1902
        • West Exchange Avenue 1912-1922
      • Niles City
        • Letter: From Robert Herchert to Janie Reid, August 20, 1979
        • Letters: correspondence between Herchert and Reid
      • N. Main Street
        • Various copies of records
        • Maps: copies
        • Handwritten notes
      • Packing House Streets
        • "Historic Street May Become Parking Lot," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, date unknown, clipping, copy
        • Map: hand-drawn map including Marin Creek and Trinity River
        • Letter: M. G. Ellis to Tarrant County, January 9, 1888
        • Map: hand-drawn map of Packer Avenue, scale 1" = 80'
        • Letters: various between W. G. Walker and Fort Worth Stock Yards Company, originals
        • Letters: various between John A. McKee and Fort Worth Stock Yards Company, originals
      • Street Directory, 1907, N. Fort Worth
        • Street Directory, 1907, many pages, copies
        • "North Fort Worth Street Index" no date given
        • Handwritten notes
      • 23rd Street
        • Commissioners Court Minutes, January 14, 1897, Vol. 11, page 553-554, typed
        • Telegram: To J. A. McKee, To A. G. Donovan, August 15, 1923, original
        • Letter: To Donovan, From McKee, August 20, 1923, original
        • Letters: Various originals from 1923
        • Map: Survey map with hand-drawn markings
        • Telegram: From McKee, To Donovan, Chicago, August 14
        • Field notes from August 25, 1923, typed and handwritten, originals
        • Newspaper: "OK Seen on Street Grant Applications," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, March 15, 1980, page 2C, clipping, copy
      • 28th Street, State Highway 15, State Highway 183
        • Letter: To Fort Worth Stock Yards, 1935
        • Deed, dated January 17, 1934, typed, original
        • Handwritten notes
        • Envelope: To Janie Reid, From Steve Younger, includes copies of plan sheets
        • Newspapers: various clippings, originals, newspapers unknown, dates unknown
      • Daggett's Crossing
        • "1868 Daggett's Crossing," typed up history, one page
        • "Site of Ferry boat Across the Trinity in 1850's and 1860's," photograph, copy from book, page 34
        • Newspaper: "Cattle Trail: Fort Worth, A Frontier Triumph," The Encino Press, 1972, typed
        • Handwritten notes of donor
        • Newspaper: "Child of Years Ago Who Watched Vast Cattle Herds Cross River to What Now Is Trail Drivers' Park, Tells Her Story," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, December 31, 1937, copy

    Schools

    • School Districts, 1878
      • "Monday, May 13th, 1878, School District Levy," copies, 4 pages
    • Tarrant County, 1904- 1907, includes information on colored schools
      • Statistics for colored and white schools for 1904-1905 school year, copies
      • Annual reports of George D. Ramsey, 1905-1908, copies
      • Manual of the Fort Worth Public Schools, September 1916, pages 16-19, copy
      • Letter: From Alice Lewis, to Vicki Bell, September 20, 1982
    • Circle Park Elementary, number 13
      • Map: Copy of map plans for schools
    • Denver Avenue, number 15
      • Map: Copy of map plans for schools
    • J. P. Elder Junior High, number 69 and 57
      • Map: Copy of map plans for school
    • M. G. Ellis
      • Newspaper: "M. G. Ellis Rich in North side History," The Beacon, January 1980, copy
      • Map: Copy of map plans for schools
      • Photograph: Sam Rosen School, 1916, L-6 grade, photocopy
      • Photograph: M. G. Ellis location, three people standing, 1918, photocopy
      • Newspaper/Photograph: "Stock Show Class," The News-Tribune, September 8, 1978, photograph from 1896 class, copy
      • Photograph: "First School Teacher," newspaper unknown, date unknown
    • Kirkpatrick
      • Map: Copy of map plans for schools
    • Marine
      • Map: Copy of map plans for schools
      • Handwritten notes of donor
      • Newspaper: "Hackberry Street, tent City Were Ross Avenue Beginning," North Fort Worth News, Friday, November 27, 1953, clipping, copy
    • North Fort Worth School Bonds, 1905
      • Office of Attorney General of the State of Texas Certification, copy
      • Election Orders, copies
    • North Side High School, number 62
      • Newspaper: "Class of 1910 Has Reunion Friday Evening," North Fort Worth Sunday News, March 9, 1929, copy
      • Map: Copy of map plans for schools
      • Newspaper: "In Old Fort Worth, How North Side Girls Dressed in 1925 Team," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, date unknown, copy
      • Newspaper: "North Side Team That Won City Title in 1945," The News-Tribune, September 29, 1978, copy
      • Newspaper: "1911 Team Honorees for Exes Homecoming," North Fort Worth News, November 20, 1953, copy
      • Newspaper: "Matty Bell to Coach T. C. U. Gridders," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, May 2, 1923, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "City Begins Survey of Tax Assessments of Disputed Suburb," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, May 14, 1923, page 1, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "D. A. R. To Honor Confederate Women," newspaper unknown, May 24, 1923, page 26, clipping, copy
    • Rosen Heights ISD
      • Various Commissioners' Court Minutes Records from 1905
    • Sam Rosen, number 12
      • Map: Copy of map plans for schools
      • Photograph/Newspaper: "First School of Rosen Heights," North Fort Worth News, Friday, November 27, 1953, clipping, copy
    • W. E. Turner, number 27
      • Map: Copy of map plans for schools
      • Newspaper: Copy of page, North Fort Worth News, February 18, 1949, copy
    • Washington Heights School Bonds
      • Letter: To McCafferty, From Board of Education, March 30, 1935, original
      • Commissioners' Court Records, copies
      • Case Files, Attorneys McLean and Stitt, June 1, 1908
      • Petition and Certificate of County Surveyor of Washington Heights Independent School District, copy
      • Notice of Election and Proof of Posting, copy
      • Map: Hand-drawn map of school district, copy
      • Newspaper: "Community Desperate to Replace Ancient School ," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday, February 20, 1977, clipping, copy

    Sports

    • Ball Parks
      • Newspaper: "On North Side J. B. Googins Offers Site for ball Grounds and Deal Will be Closed Today," newspaper unknown, February 24, 1902, copy
      • Newspaper: "Morris Park is No More," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, November 1, 1914, copy
    • LaGrave Field
      • Map: Map of LaGrave Field Ball Park

    Streetcars

    • Fort Worth City Guide, pages 19833-19834, 1725-1732
    • North Terrace Traction Co., N. Main Row, 1907 documents

    Stockyards

    • General Documents
      • Texas Monthly, November, 1978, contents, pages 167-178, 297-302, original, and copy made
      • Photograph/Newspaper: "Two Oldtimers of the North Fort Worth Scene," North Fort Worth News, November 27, 1953, clipping, copy
      • Newspaper: "Fort Worth Packing Industry Veterans Honored in Firm's National Report," North Fort Worth News, Friday, February 9, 1940, clipping, copy
      • Photograph/Newspaper: "The Red Wagon Keeps Rollin' Along," North Fort Worth News, November 27, 1953, clipping, copy
      • Various newspaper articles from early 1900s, newspapers unknown, dates unknown, copies
    • United Stockyards Corp., deeds, numerous, varied, originals
    • Letter: Fort Worth Stock Yards Company, February 2, 1896
    • Stock Show property
    • Stockyards Redevelopment Plan
    • (Historic) Stockyards District
    • Trial Drivers Park
    • Stockyards - Abstracts of Title
    • Stockyards, dates of organization of various stockyards companies and ownership
    • Stockyards - Ordinances
    • Stockyards - Packing Houses
    • Stockyards - Fort Worth Slaughtering Company
    • Stockyards - Fort Worth Stockyard Co - Costs and revenues, 1925-1936
    • Stockyards - Fort Worth Stockyards Co. Annual reports, tariffs (1933, 1934, 1963, 1980) 
    • Stockyards - Fort Worth Stockyards Company - Bonds
    • Stockyards - Fort Worth Stockyards Company - Charges and Correspondence
    • Stockyards - Fort Worth Stockyards Company - Inventory (1922) appraisal
    • Stockyards - Fort Worth Stockyards Company - Yardage Charges on Direct Shipments
    • Stockyards - Stock Shows, Fairs, Circuses, Wild West Show
    • Stockyards - United Stockyards Company
    • Stockyards - Article - The Stockyards Story by Milton Royles
    • Stockyards - Reminiscences by L. V. Niles Jr. and V. S. Wardlaw
    • Stockyards - Study - Stockyards Rehabilitation Study (1978) and Proposal for Railroad Museum (1978)
    • Stockyards - Book - FAA Southwestern Region: Recollections and Reflections
    • Stockyards - Narratives by Janie Reid: Stockyards and Thannisch Building

    Miscellaneous

    ·  Fort Worth Official Pocket Guide, 1920, First Edition, copy

    ·  Application for North Side Fort Worth Historical/ Architectural, Survey, 1979 

    ·  Directory, Fort Worth, 1923, original

    ·  Texas Historical Commission - The Medallion, 1982 editions

    ·  Newspaper: "North Side Theater Just Completed," newspaper unknown, date unknown, copy

    ·  Fort Worth Power and Light, Board of Directors of the North Fort Worth Townsite Company, Resolution for the public, 1925, 1939

    ·  Registered Voters, 1867. Copy

    War

    • Civil War: "Civil War Veterans Honor Memory of Dead Comrades," by Mae Biddison Bensen, typed, copy
    • Mexican War: "The Fifteenth Annual Reunion of Mexican War Survivors," typed, 1887

     

    Other - Binders with hand written notes principally

    • Historic Survey Research Notes: Exchange Avenue
    • Facilities Plan for Fort Worth, Texas. January 1983. Camp, Dresser and McKee, Inc.  Rady and Associates
    • The Wilderness Road, Robert L. Kincaid. Middlesboro, Kentucky, 1966
    • Restoration of the North Side Coliseum, 1908. The Legend Continues. City of Fort Worth, Historic Structures report prepared by Carla Hoskins Preservation Unlimited for Ward Bogard and Associates. 1983
    • The 1921 Butcher Workmen Strike in Fort Worth, Texas, by Barry Sandlin. Dissertation for MA in History, UT-A. May 1988. Machine copy
    • Footprints, 1977 - 1985 (Fort Worth Genealogical Society Newsletters)
    • North Fort Worth Ordinances and Inventory on North Fort Worth as presented to the Fort Worth City Council, April 13, 1909. Black binder of typed notes
    • City of North Fort Worth Council minutes. 1902-1909. red binder with typed notes
    • City of Niles Council Minutes, 1911-1923. Green binder of typed notes
    • Cold Springs articles. Black binder with machine copies
    • Use and sales of Stock Show Properties. Black binder includes one Warranty Deed, from the City of Fort Worth to United Stockyards, Corp. 1956. (carnival grounds)
    • Genealogical Workshop materials including publication from Federal Archives, with information on microfilm rolls from Census of 1900 and 1910
    • Armstrong's of the Catawba, by Nancy Todd Cansler, Dallas, 1969 (contains information on W L Armstrong family that settled in Fort Worth and built a home on Grand Avenue
    • Jesse Brown: A Judge Looks at Life
    • Cowtown USA, Gary Havard and Don A Ryan, 1976
    • Fort Worth, 1800 to Now, Robert K Taylor. Fort Worth Star-Telegram, 1963
    • Fort Worth and Tarrant County, A Historical Guide. Texas Christian University Press, Fort Worth, 1984
    • A Short History of the St Louis, Southwestern railway Lines, Jacob Anderson. Cotton Belt Route, 1947
    • Scenes from the Past: A Mid-Cities Album, Duane Gage. 1975
    • Growing Up, Oliver Shannon
    • Funny Growing Up, Thelma West Shannon, 1978
    • Northeast Texas Genealogy and History, 1990 - 1991
    • Correspondence (includes appointment letters to the Tarrant County Historical Commission)
    • Calendars , 1981, 1982: We, the People
    • Calendars, A Calendar of Tarrant County History, 1981, 1982, by Dan Young
    • Newsweek magazine, February 6, 1989: Hot Cities, Best Places to Live and
      Work, Fort Worth, page 45
    • Script for North Side Anniversary Show, November 29, 1953, KCNC
    • Graph showing Changing trend of Business at the Fort Worth Stockyards Company, 1900-1960
    • Telegram, December 21, 1916: to Leon Caen from Pierre Levy
    • Stenographers notebooks with handwritten notes: Book One - North Fort Worth Minutes Book, 1902-1909; Book Two - Continuation of Minutes 1904-1905; Book Three - Continuation of Minutes 1905-1907; Book Four - Continuation of minutes 1907-1908
    • Stenographers notebook with notes taken from Commissioner Court minutes, 1876- 1878
    • Stenographers notebook with general notes made on various subjects related to Fort Worth and North Side
    • Fort Worth High School Student (weekly publication for FW high schools) nine copies, all from 1925
    • Post card: New Isis Theater: movie being shown - "In Person" starring Ginger Rogers and George Brent, opened November 22, 1935
    • Coliseum, history, events (Roosevelt, Caruso, Ballet Russe, Billy Sunday, etc.)
    • Horse and Mule Barns
    • Louville V. Niles
    • Niles City: Minutes, ordinances, history, clippings
    • Railroads - Chicago, Rock Island and Texas
    • Railroads - Fort Worth and Albuquerque
    • Railroads - Fort Worth Belt Railway
    • Railroads - Fort Worth and Denver City
    • Railroads - Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe
    • Railroads - St. Louis and Southwestern