Online Services Government
  • Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Residents Visitors Business Employment

    David Lanier Collection

    Keller Rec Center
     
    Summary: David Lanier donated seven photos, 35mm color, of buildings and other places in the Keller area -- all taken May 14, 1986. Donor placed note cards with additional information accompanying each image.
     
    Photographs:
     
    • Double Springs "This picture shows two spring-fed ponds where a small community was once located. It was called Double Springs. The area is now residential and is called Twin Springs. 
    • Keller Bank Building "This is a picture of the first bank building in Keller. It is now an insurance agency."
    • Bourland Cemetery Entrance Gates "Aurelius Delphus Bourland, a veteran of the Civil War, bought this land in 1873. Bourland was a farmer and a Baptist preacher. The land was first used as a family cemetery. The earliest grave is that of his grandson, A. Delphas White in 1886.
    • Keller Recreation Center, Rock gymnasium built by the Civil Works Administration (CWA) in 1933 (image shown).
    • Mount Gilead Baptist Church "The first building was a one room log cabin built in 1851 and in 1859 it was burned by a group of roving Indians. This building was constructed in 1862."
    • Christian Faith Fellowship "The church building in the picture was first erected by different churches of people because they could not afford for each of them to build their own. The denominations that worshiped here were Presbyterian, Baptist and Methodist. The Presbyterians worshiped here in the original building until 1977.