Summary: Postcards with scenes of Fort Worth, Dallas, and
Mineral Wells dating from 1899 through 1960; and documents related to
aviation history, transportation, Majestic Theater.
- Fort Worth:
- Lake Como, Arlington Heights, with
pavilion and roller coaster, card is postmarked 1910
- Federal Post Office Building, c. 1899. at 12th and Jennings
Ave. Card is postmarked 1907
- Fort Worth Club Building,
6th and Main. (Later the Holmes Building and Mid-Continent Oil
Company Building. Currently is the Ashton Hotel.) Built in
- River Crest Country Club, Sanguinet and Staats
design, built in 1913, card is postmarked 1923.
Christian Church, 6th and Throckmorton, built in 1914, next to
Chamber of Commerce Auditorium. Card is postmarked 1925.
- Main Street, Fort Worth, looking north to Courthouse from
10th Street. Card is postmarked 1925.
- Worth Hotel and
Theatre, 7th Street and Taylor. Constructed in 1927.
- Petroleum Building, 6th and Throckmorton, 1926.
- Blackstone Hotel, opened in October 1929, at 5th and
- "Looking east down 7th Street Canyon, Fort
Worth" about 1930.
- Main Street Looking North from
9th Street. Late 1930's ?
- Skyline View looking north
from Lancaster along Throckmorton in the center, possibly from
1940's (no sign of CNB Building)
- Main Street looking
north west, showing W T Waggoner Building, CNB and Fort Worth
National Bank, c. 1957. (John Stryker photograph), from 9th
- Fort Worth City Hall and Public Library, 9th and
Throckmorton, c. 1958
- West Freeway (I-30) at Ballinger
Street bridge, late 1950's
- Cowtown - U.S.A., West
Freeway (I-30) ramp from Cherry Street, c.1961.
County Courthouse, Seawall Specialty Co. c. 1910's
- First Baptist Church, Fort Worth, International Postcard Co.
- Lake Erie, Handley Park. Fort Worth, Raphael Tuck
and Sons. c.1910
- Metropolitan Hotel, Fort Worth,
Raphael Tuck and Sons., 1908
- Westbrook Hotel, Fort
Worth, Frey Post Card and News Co. c.1910
Hotel, Fort Worth, C. T. American Art Colored. c. 1910
- City Hall and Central Fire Station in Background, Fort
Worth. Seawall Specialty Co., c. 1910's
- Fort Worth High
School, Fort Worth. c. 1912 (later Parker Junior High)
- First Christian Church, Fort Worth. Seawall Specialty Co. c.
- Electric Building and Neil P. Anderson Building,
Fort Worth. C. T. American Art Co., c. 1930
- Y. M. C. A.
Fort Worth. Frey Wholesale Postcard Co., 1917
Terminal Building, Fort Worth. Atlas New Shop. c. 1937
- First Methodist Church, Fort Worth. C. T. Art-Color tone. c.
- First Methodist Church, Fort Worth. The Camera Shop.
- Looking east down 7th Street canyon, Fort
Worth. E. C. Kropp Co. c. 1930
- Looking east down 7th
Street canyon, Fort Worth. Atlas News Shop. c. 1930
- Methodist Hospital, Fort Worth. Post Office News Shop, c.
- Auditorium, Tower, Coliseum. Fort Worth (Will
Rogers) Atlas News Shop, 1938
- Civic Center, Fort Worth,
showing City Hall and Public Library. Atlas News Shop. Late
- Candid Skyscraper Skyline, Fort Worth. John A.
Stryker. Late 1940's
- Swimming Pool, Western Hills
Hotel, Fort Worth. John A. Stryker. 1950's.
Down Main Street, Fort Worth. Trinity News Co. 1957
- Deep in the heart of Downtown Cowtown, John A. Stryker. Late
- Mineral Wells:
- Hexagon Hotel
and Convention Hall, Mineral Wells, Texas. McNairy
Magazine Agency. c. 1947
- Mineral Wells from East
Mountain. c. 1905
- Welcome Sign on East Mountain,
Mineral Wells. Tichnor Quality Views. c. 1937
River Bridge near Mineral Wells. c. 1914
- Brazos River
Bridge. No date
- Crazy Hotel, Mineral Wells.
Wright-Harris Grocer Co., c. 1931
- This is the home of
Crazy Water. Crazy Water Hotel, Mineral Wells. Curteich, C. T.
Art - Color tone. c. 1931
- Looking east on Bankhead
Highway, Mineral Wells. "Welcome to Mineral Wells. McNairy
Magazine Agency. Mid-1930's
- The Baker Hotel, Mineral
Wells. "Where America Drinks its Way to Health" W. W.
Woodward. Mid 1930's
- Before and After: Drinking
Healthful Mineral Water from Mineral Wells, Texas
- U. S. Post Office, Dallas, with annex
- Tower Petroleum Building
- Bus Lines
- Bowen Motor Coaches
- "See Mexico
by Motor Bus, The Modern Way". Bowen Motor
Coaches, April 1, 1929. Three brochures
- Machine copy of handbill of Dedicatory
Programme, 1911 (to be placed with earlier contributions by same
donor about Majestic Theater)