Online Services Government
  • Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Residents Visitors Business Employment

    Interruption of Utilities (Residential)

    Except as provided by secion 92.008 Texas Property Code, a landlord or landlord's agent may not interrupt or causes the interruption of utility service (water, waste water, gas or electric service) of a tenant, unless the interruption results from a bona fide repairs, construction or an emergency. A rental property owner may interrupt electric service to certain residents provided that written notice and other procedures are strictly followed. Refer to Texas Property Code sections 92.008, 92.0091, and 92.301.

    To search the Justice Court Precinct for your case, please visit Tarrant County Comprehensive Address Information Directory.

    For information on the Texas Property Code, please visit Texas Constitution and Statutes website.


    1. Case Information Sheet

    2. Sworn Complaint for Writ of Restoration of Utility Service - Residential



    • Fees
    • $46 filing fee and a $5 writ fee
    • If granted additional fees apply $150 Constable Fee


    Accessibility Notice: Due to the complexity of the preceding documents, these documents are scanned images. If you require assistance in accessing the information, please contact Justice Court One at 817-884-1395.