Housing: Can a Voucher be used to rent from a relative?
Tarrant County Housing
Tarrant County Housing
  | Apply for Housing | Agency Information | Latest News | Fair Housing | Family Self-Sufficiency and Home Ownership | Forms and Publications | Frequently Asked Questions | General Information | Program Participants | Property Owners and Landlords | Housing | Home Login | Register | Show Images | Home 
{Will Rogers Statue}
Will Rogers Statue
Family Questions

Can a Voucher be used to rent from a relative?

Section 8 participants cannot rent from an immediate relative. This includes the participant's mother, father, sister, brother, grandparents, grandchildren, stepfamily, in-laws, or any member of his or her household. Participants with disabilities may be eligible for an exception if it is necessary to provide a reasonable accommodation for a family member with a disability. Such an exception requires TCHAO approval in advance on a case-by-case basis.

Content Last Modified on 11/6/2013 9:45:52 AM

Tarrant County Housing Assistance Office (TCHAO)
2100 Circle Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76119
(817) 531-7640 (Main Number)       (817) 531-7657 (Fax)       (817) 531-7686 (TDD)


Privacy Policy   |  Accessibility Statement   |  Contact Webmaster
Media Inquiries    |   General Information   |  Public Information Act

County Telephone Operator: 817- 884-1111

Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196
Copyright 2001-2015 Tarrant County, TX