Dell Dehay Law Library of Tarrant County
The Tarrant County Law Library serves the legal research needs of the Tarrant County legal community and the general public.
The Dell Dehay Law Library of Tarrant County was established in 1944 following the enactment of a Texas statute creating a county law library system. In 1983, the library was moved to its present quarters on the fourth floor of the newly renovated County Courthouse. In 1979, the law library was named the Dell Dehay Law Library of Tarrant County in honor of Mrs. Dehay, who served as Librarian from 1962 until 1979.
The library is funded by a combination of a portion of court filing fees and user service fees. The law library receives direction and guidance from the Tarrant County Commissioners and a committee of judges and attorneys, appointed by the Commissioners.
The library is located on the third and fourth floors of the 100-year old County Courthouse, 100 W. Weatherford, in downtown Fort Worth. Hours of operation are listed below.
Holly Gerber, Law Library Director
Peggy Martindale, Assistant Law Library Director
Tarrant County Courthouse
100 W. Weatherford, 4th floor