Tarrant County Justices of the Peace, Precinct 7
Justice of the Peace, Precinct 7
1100 E. Broad Street, Suite 202
Mansfield, Texas 76063
817-473-5101 Civil Cases
817-473-5102 Misdemeanor Cases
Fee Payment Options
We are here to serve the citizens of Precinct 7 and Tarrant County. Precinct 7 includes most of south Arlington, Grand Prairie (in Tarrant County), Kennedale, Mansfield and the Rendon area west to I-35W. Efficiency and courtesy are our hallmarks.
Your Justice of the Peace Court
"The People's Court"
Your court will have about 12,000 cases filed here this year. We are a stand-alone court, meaning that we have all of our own clerks and all information is filed and processed here. Besides the judge, we have a Court Manager and 7 clerks.
A JP court has one of the widest jurisdictions and is made of several parts:
- Small Claims-for settling disputes up to $10,000. This court is designed for people to represent themselves. The judge may ask questions to help develop the facts of the case.
- Justice Court-also for disputes up to $10,000. This court must follow the rules of court and the rules of evidence. While an individual may represent themselves, attorneys are often involved. The most common type of case filed is evictions. This court's second biggest group of cases is debts, mostly credit cards.
- Criminal Court-any misdemeanor that does not call for jail time may be filed here. The two biggest categories your court hears are truancy and traffic, although we hear school district police and game warden tickets, too.
- Administrative-warrants, driver license revocation, CHL appeals, emergency mental health commitments, towing, etc.
- Weddings-many people ask to be married by the Justice of the Peace, either at the Courthouse or at a place of their choosing.
How may we serve you?