The County Auditor is the Chief Financial Officer of the County. Additionally, by constitutional amendment in 1983, the office of County Treasurer was abolished and the duties transferred to the County Auditor.
The County Auditor is S. Renee Tidwell, CPA.
Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Additional information may be obtained at 817-884-1205.
The responsibilities of the County Auditor include:
- Financial accounting and reporting the results of operations to the Commissioners Court and the District Judges of Tarrant County
- Developing and implementing cash management programs and investing idle funds
- General audit oversight of the books and records maintained by the elected and appointed officials of the County
- Processing vendor payments and payroll
- Financial advice to Commissioners Court, when requested.
Tarrant County Administration Building
100 E. Weatherford St. Rm 506
Fort Worth, Texas 76196-0103